Sodor's Legend of The Lost Treasure Thread

Started by Metal, April 19, 2015, 12:23:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeganekkoFury1126

I preordered Sodor's Legend of the Lost Treasure last weekend, and I finally saw the full movie.

For those on this forum who want to wait for the DVD, I'll hold off on my full view for now. But I will say it IS the best Thomas movie yet. Andrew Brenner, David Stoten, and the rest of the team are to be blessed by all of us, and like the Adventure Begins hits the mark to celebrate Thomas' 70th Anniversary. :D

Metal

Warning Major Spoilers, IF YOU DIDN'T SEE IT TURN AROUND

I like how Thomas' is being cheeky, when he tries to steal Gordon's coaches and ends up causing an accident. TFC/STH has never been so angry, and skeptical over Thomas. I've felt pretty sorry for him, when he was hauled out from the carven, and when he saved Ryan from dynamite. Also how he's shocked to think that Ryan was his replacement, and kinda treated him like a punching bag.

The scene when Ryan unintentionally sets off the dynamite, and The Pack panicking and throwing it around like hot potato.
The chase scene was pretty epic on how the Arlesdale Engines and Ryan were help Thomas during the chase. It's amazing on how the series has gone from hauling giant balloons to dynamite.

Duck broke the 4th wall with Donald/Douglas.

The Oliver and Oliver scenes gave me a chuckle.

Marion
She's been quite large in this special, I'm not sure how people feel about Marion, but personally I still enjoy her. I laughed at how she thought the small engines were magic. She's a well-rounded character that the writers could work with alot of their story ideas.

Music/Soundtrack: I will say that the soundtrack was incredible, from the pack tossing the dynamite around, to the ship chase.
Even the Arlesdale Engines musical was brilliant. The music vid was pretty trip.

Returning Characters
Donald/Douglas-It's great to see them back in the show, their accents suit them, their nameplates back on their smokeboxes, and even their new whistles are good, kinda a reference to "The Missing Coach."  "Tugboat Annie" anyone?
The Pack- Now this might be controversial, but I was never a fan of the pack, even as a kid, I never really cared for them much. I'm open to road characters, Heck I actually enjoy stories that focus away from the railway, it diverifies the stories telling. However, the problem was the pack in the model series is that the spin-off felt too much like "Bob the Builder." Here in CGI, they're much better utilized and developed they now feel like actual Thomas road characters. Though I will admit, there's actually one pack member that was my favorite; Kelly. I personally would like him to return. Alfie's voice has to be my favorite, he sounds like a realistic teenager.

AND.....

Daisy- Quite a surprise, instead she works on the new branchline, instead of Ffarquhar.

The New Characters:

Mike/Rex/Bert- Yes I'm putting them in the new character category. This is groundbreaking to see the Small Railway Engines introduced into TV. I have a feeling that we're gonna see more of them.
Mike with his irritable self, Rex being sarcastic and Bert being clever.
However, I don't think that Mike and Bert's voices suit them
Now how do the other new characters hold up.
Ryan-Kinda disappointed that his promo persona stating that was "overconfident and dissmissive" wasn't like his offical character, but that doesn't mean he's any lesser of a character. Eddie Redmayne really delivers that natural role. Many complain that he's a Stanley Clone, but I kinda disagree. Stanley is like the cool kid with a blank state, while Ryan is a is the cowardly newcomer, that's been through hell during his first week, and will often panic under dangerous situations. "PIRATES!!"
Skiff-Well, I'll admit that I've kinda judged him like Marion, by their basis. But with Skiff, he feels like an actual character, he's a boat that dreams of being an engine, and with his face on his bow, you can actually see how he's struggling to breath while he's in the water. I really couldn't help but real sorry for him most of the time because his captain Sailor John, treats him like an abused slave.
Sailor John- A human villain. He's the most humble, terrifying, yet most pathetic character. It's pretty interesting on how he hits Skiff and stomps on his deck. But he's something unique to the Thomas world. Especially, the chase scene when he tries to throw dynamite at Thomas.

Easter Eggs:
Wibert Awdry is riding his bike in the beginning whom Oliver (Pack) apologizes to. He's even in the standing behind STH/TFC while declaring the new branchline open.
In the scene where TFC/STH is making a phone call to the museum, a picture of S8 Emily can be seen on the wall.
During the heist scene, I'm gonna mention the Pinup Girl Poster in Knapford. I personally hope to see more of them, maybe in Brake Vans. Kinda gives that authentic 50s atmosphere.  
Duck and Emily were working together to help Thomas out of the cavern.