News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

System time out posting

Started by DAVE2744, April 18, 2015, 02:32:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DAVE2744

To Yardmaster/Administrator - On some occasions, during a long post (or one where I have to think carefully what I'm posting), when I go to post the message, the system warns me it timed out.  What is the time limit before this happens:?  Thanks, Dave

Bucksco

Not sure what the time out is. A suggestion would be to type your post into a word doc or into notebook and copy & paste it into the forum - if it is something that will take a while to type.

DAVE2744

Yardmaster - Excellent idea.  Never would have thought of that. The "time out" message, I think, was generated by the computer the forum is linked to, just a wild guess.   Thanks,  Dave

Joe Satnik

Dave,

On the login screen, there is a settable time limit just under your password that defaults to 60 minutes.

I add a 0 (zero) behind it to change it to 600 minutes, then click the "login" button.

This gives me 10 hours before time out.

If you find yourself timed out previewing a post, click the "back arrow" button in the upper left of your screen,

highlight your entire message (left click, drag and release), then ctrl-c to copy. 

After you log in again, go to the thread and reply, then left click in the message area, then ctrl-v to paste.

Hope this helps. 

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

DAVE2744

Joe - thanks for the info on "time out" message.  I thought it was telling me I was taking too long to type my reply, when in reality my log-in session had timed out.  I read all posts, as you never know what new things you are going to learn.  Dave