News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Connecting up a switch

Started by Stapler, April 19, 2015, 12:33:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stapler

I got a Bachmann switch for my HO guage Bachmann set.  There's a wire with two little copper horseshoe-shaped connectors.  They tell you to plug these into the "accessory" ports on your Bachmann speed control.  However, the ports on the speed control are designed for a small round wire, and these horseshoe connectors will not fit.  Can anyone tell me what to do?

jward

cut those horseshoe shaped connectors off the ends, strip the ends of the cut wires, and connect them to the accessory terminals of your power pack.

Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Jerrys HO

That is as long as your set did not come with the EZ Command, then you would need to use another form of power such as an older dc pack or wallwart.

James in FL

Hi Stapler,

I interpret what you are asking is "how do you go from two spade connectors to a single pin connecter"?
Am I correct in my assumption, or are asking something else?
If the former, simply cut the spade connecters of both wires and attach a pin connecter.
If you still have a Radio Shack in your area you can get one there.
I don't know the proper size pin, so take your controller with you.
Local hardware store may be another source, or the big box home improvement stores.
Bachmann has both types available (both spade and pin connecters with the plug attached to the other end).
That last option is the most expensive.

Good luck