News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Thomas collection and projects

Started by MrBob, April 21, 2015, 08:34:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrBob

Quote from: Nykrivas on September 09, 2015, 11:45:43 AM
Those Coaches look really close to the Red Express Coaches as seen in S8-12, just in slightly different shades.

yes, but going by this pic

i would say there closer to the later type coach

needing painted the right color etc

MrBob

Flying kipper repaints done

next up, screen accurate red coaches

needing buffers fitted and painted

JLK2707

Are you just discontent with the Bachmann red coaches or are they just not to the ones you are modelling?

MrBob

There not Bachmanns, I waited till Bachmann launched their coaches till I made my decision on how to model them

The Bachmann versions are great but their brake coach is missing the windowless section and as I'm going for as screen accurate as possible I had to make my own

JLK2707

Well, best of luck to you! Also, can you please just tell me which models of coaches you are using?

MrBob

Quote from: JLK2707 on September 12, 2015, 09:11:18 AM
Well, best of luck to you! Also, can you please just tell me which models of coaches you are using?

express coaches?

they are Hornby SR 3rd class Maunsell Coaches (Maunsell green livery)

Composite R4302B

Brake R4339B

or Hornby BR (Ex SR) 3rd Class Maunsell Coaches (red and cream livery)

Composite R4343B

Brake R4346B

Are the base coaches I used, of course I altered and repainted them

JLK2707

I was just wondering if you could tell me what kind of coaches you are using to make the red branchline coaches. Could you please tell me?

Anthony P2

MrBob

Quote from: Anthony P2 on September 13, 2015, 09:11:05 AM
He used the Bachman ones

nope I used smallbrook studio's LBSCR 4 wheel coaches

Anthony P2

He used the Bachman ones

whoops my bad! i miss read one of your earlier posts and thought you used the Bachmann ones.

JLK2707

Can you please tell me what coaches you used to make the old coaches?

MrBob

Quote from: JLK2707 on September 15, 2015, 09:05:32 AM
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/ttte/images/7/7c/ThomasSavesTheDay24.png/revision/latest?cb=20150222192152

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/ttte/images/a/a4/ThomasSavesTheDay28.png/revision/latest?cb=20150222192224

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/ttte/images/4/49/ThomasSavesTheDay31.png/revision/latest?cb=20150222192329

The red branchline brake coach from Bachmann literally does match what is shown in the above images.

Yup I said they were great, but in my 1st post I said I'm only interested in Season 1, 2 and to an existent 3, and in season 2 and 3 they looked like:

Quote from: Anthony P2 on September 15, 2015, 01:30:04 PM
He used the Bachman ones

whoops my bad! i miss read one of your earlier posts and thought you used the Bachmann ones.

I had every intention but it would have been to much work to get them to look the way I wanted compared to the spot on kits

anyway finished them, just need to touch up some bits of the paint, been getting sloppy with my paint jobs

Quote from: JLK2707 on September 19, 2015, 06:14:56 AM
Can you please tell me what coaches you used to make the old coaches?

all 3 are Ratio 610 3rd class 4 wheel coach kits however one is modified to look like the old brake coach, basically filled in 2 windows and painted in the lines for the double doors

however with ratio kits make sure you get brand new kits as the newer style kits come with brass bushes for there axles which make them run super smooth the older kits dont

another tip is try getting some scrap/spare repair wagons or coaches and remove their metal weights and glue them into your ratio kit as the kits don't come with the weights and this helps prevent derailments

oh and the couplers that come with the kit arent very good so i bought bachmann hook n loops but use the longer ones like that are on Duck, Donald, Douglas, Toby etc as the ratio buffers and quite long

JLK2707

How did you manage to build the whole breakdown train and what did you use to make the works unit coach?

MrBob

Quote from: JLK2707 on September 20, 2015, 06:39:46 AM
How did you manage to build the whole breakdown train and what did you use to make the works unit coach?

the brake down train is 4 annie/clarabel chassis the body of the brake down train is styrene plasticard cut into the shapes of the brake down train and glued together like a jigsaw/kit,  fine scale chain and axles from old scalextric slot cars for the lifting mechanism

the works unit is a ratio 610 4 wheel coach kit heavly alterd with windows cut out and blanked, new ends with rounded tops, new curved roof made and roof air vents made by cutting off excesses sprue