Basic questions on glueing track

Started by hawk4117, April 24, 2015, 07:04:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawk4117

Hello all...I have the KATO Unitrack set on a 4X8 layout with 1" foam board already glued down in place.  I'm now ready to glue down my track, which I have already outlined my track configuration on the foam board.  Is there any special gluing process you would recommend? Type of glue? Do I even have to glue it down? I read somewhere that if I ballast my tracks, I don't have to?  If I don't ballast my tracks then I have to?  Not sure how much merit was in that statement.  Any advice would be helpful.  Thanks!

jbrock27

For track with roadbed already attached, double face carpet tape works well to hold it to the foam board.

I hope this helps.  Please keep us informed of your progress. :)
Keep Calm and Carry On

hawk4117

Now I never thought of that...using double sided tape on this type of track definitely escapes the glue mess that's for sure. And if you ever need track replacement, it's a cinch to just pop the track off...hmmmm...great suggestion, thnx!

Jerrys HO

Jim I haope you don't take all the credit for that.  ;D

jbrock27

You're welcome Hawkeye.

Just as Jerry does every time he gives an answer someone likes, I have to defer credit elsewhere...
Keep Calm and Carry On

Jerrys HO

Quote from: jbrock27 on April 25, 2015, 02:35:59 PM
You're welcome Hawkeye.

Just as Jerry does every time he gives an answer someone likes, I have to defer credit elsewhere...

HA!HA!HA!HA! :D and they say your not fun!

jbrock27

Keep Calm and Carry On

jbrock27

Keep Calm and Carry On

jbrock27

Keep Calm and Carry On