News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

L.S. Bachmann should know that...

Started by bob kaplan, May 04, 2015, 12:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob kaplan

...since it has been nearly three years since Bachmann introduced the C 1-9, i have patiently been saving my pennies (dollars actually) to purchase a new engine.

Perhaps something like the EBT #11, or any 2-6-2 based on a 3ft prototype would be acceptable.   Modernizing the Spectrum 2-6-0 or 4-4-0 would also be a real draw for purchase.

If the engine were of the approximate size of the Connie or the C-19, it would make like so much easier for my wife at the Holidays...she would certainly know what would make an appropriate gift without all the worry of "did I do the correct thing?" 
   Yes....in consideration for my wife...I think Bachmann should release a new engine!!! ;D  ....Perhaps an "in-scale" 4-6-0 based on something other than the ETWNC??

Joe Zullo

Quote from: bob kaplan on May 04, 2015, 12:50:48 PM
Perhaps an "in-scale" 4-6-0 based on something other than the ETWNC??

What does "in scale mean"? What "scale" are you thinking about?

bob kaplan

ah....sorry.....1:20.3.    Actually thought it was obvious when I mentioned the C-19 and Spectrum 2-6-0 and 4-4-0.

Loco Bill Canelos

Lets hear it for the ladies!!   ;D  ::)  :-*
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Ted Yarbrough

Bachmann,
And D&RGW #168 is getting restored to operating condition right now. That would make a nice 1:20 scale model.

uscgtanker

In earlier post a gentleman turned two 4-6-0 chassis into a 1:20 beyer garratt. looking on the web you can make a garratt out of any wheel arrangement from 0-4-0+0-4-0 to 4-8-4+4-8-4 ad60 garratt. Thou i would agree to remodeling the shell to fit 1:20.3 modeled of the white pass and Yukon or any narrow gauge enines of that wheel arrangement.