News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Sams Club

Started by Colorado, September 23, 2007, 08:40:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loco Bill Canelos

Thanks Kenny & enjov the set!   I am going into town tomorrow to se if my Sam's finally got any.
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

calenelson

all following is just my Opinion, nothing more....

We visited the local club last night....what a Joke....this has got the be ugliest thing I've seen in  a while...

It just screams "Cheap!"  Compared to the last two years of sets that I have bought and converted/painted...this thing is hideous...

I've been around a few years and until last night I never realized how dramatic the difference (besides the metal gear) of an "Annie" and a regular late model Big Hauler!

Now I know some of you want something flashy under the tree or in the yard for the Holiday(my kids would love it),  but if you are considering the set to "Get started" in the LS hobby...I'd save the funds!

FYI: For cheap thrills be there early on the 26th and get you one (or two like I did last year) for half price!

cale

Mark Oles

Cale,

While I was toying (no pun intended) with the idea of getting one, for the pure novelty of the lighted engine and caboose,  now I am not so sure.  My brother in law brought down his 05 Sam's set to run yesterday, and I forgot how nice that train looked and ran.   Almost makes me wish I had picked one up for me (but I did OK in 05 with the aristo mikado).

I don't think we can really blame Bachmann, they just make what Sam's orders...

Mark

calenelson

Hey Mark

On this past 12/26 I went to the Local club early...Had three to choose from, an intended to buy all three ($89.95), but an older gent (about my dads age walked up) said he was interested in a set...I settled for 2 of them, he got the other...gave him the one with the best box for storage...then passed on some websites hoping to encourage him in the hobby..no blame for Sams or Bmann..."If you build it"....they will buy, no matter what it looks like...Ever seen an Edsel?

have a great one!

cale

vic

As i said on the 1st page (1st reply actually) dont blame Bachmann, they're simply producing what the customer wanted, ever see those awfull On30 "Thomas Kinkade" slap ugly sets Hawthorne Village keeps pedaling in the junkmail advertising?

Someone payed B'mann to make them, so they did. And someone must be buying them....

Here, have a heapin' help of hideousness

http://www.btcomm.com/trains/special_offers/hawthorne_trains/hawthorne_trains.htm

richard ronne

Plenty of sets in Torrance California to light up the tree!!!! Get them before they are all gone even though there is lights all over them!!!! HAPPY HOLIDAYS, R. RONNE

Barry BBT

I just read through the thread, one piece missing (unless I missed it), the price is $164.95 (or .88). 

Definitly a poor buy for us.

Barry - BBT
There are no dumb questions.