Connecting Pin broken on Bachmann HO NKP 765 w/Sound Value

Started by UnumProvident101, May 08, 2015, 05:46:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UnumProvident101

I tried getting my bachmann ho nkp 765 with sound value to run but the locomotive did not run much because one of the connecting pins broke

Irbricksceo

what do you mean connecting pins? Do you mean one of the wires? or the pin that slides into the draw bar on the tender.What is your question. More detail might help
Modeling NYC in N

UnumProvident101

rogertra

Same thing happened to one of the my Sound Value 2-6-0s.  Sent it back to Bachmann under warranty and, as per their instructions, with a written request I get the same body and tender back as they had been weathered, numbered and lettered for my home road and super-detailed.

While Bachmann honoured their warranty, and I got a new loco back in under two weeks, I never did get my original detailed and weathered engine back, just one letter for the NYC, I think it was.

Ah well, at least it now works.  :)

Cheers

Roger T.

rogertra

Quote from: Irbricksceo on May 10, 2015, 01:54:13 PM
what do you mean connecting pins? Do you mean one of the wires? or the pin that slides into the draw bar on the tender.What is your question. More detail might help

"Connecting pin" is, I believe, the correct technical term.  :)

Cheers

Roger T.

UnumProvident101

The thing that happened was that I moved the engine when it had no power

UnumProvident101

I plan to get my dad to call bachmann about that problem sometime this week

rogertra

Quote from: UnumProvident101 on May 10, 2015, 03:29:16 PM
I plan to get my dad to call bachmann about that problem sometime this week

Just send it back to Bachmann under warranty.  Google Bachmann Warranty first and fill out their on line form.

Cheers

Roger T.