Old train set-engine won't go

Started by Ihaveanelectrictrainset, May 08, 2015, 06:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ihaveanelectrictrainset

That is the same thing I keep coming to, something must have gotten turned around; I'm just not experienced in these matters.

Did the photo help? I will post another, this one will be the engine upside down with the truck covers taken off. Maybe you can see what's going on better. The front of the locomotive will be on the left side of the picture.

I'll post this pic under photos on:

www.reverbnation.com/amicron

Ihaveanelectrictrainset

jbrock via richardl (formerly known as richg), yes! that diagram looks pretty much exactly like what I have. I have posted a second photo, this one of the trucks with their covers removed.

jbrock27

I tried to switch the wheels in the back truck to no effect.

IHAETS, when you did this earlier today, what exactly did you do and what exactly happened?  Please be as descriptive and elaborate as possible.
Keep Calm and Carry On

jbrock27

Re: 2nd pic: Is that traction tires in the front wheels of the front truck?  And is that your Geometry Homework on the spiral notebook :D?
Keep Calm and Carry On

jbrock27

All the wheels look to me their meant to pick up track power as per the diagram. 
Keep Calm and Carry On

jbrock27

Just so ya know, I am signing off soon to go watch the LIGHTNING send LES HABITANTS off to the golf course. :D
Keep Calm and Carry On

Ihaveanelectrictrainset

Eureka! I've got it. It was the back truck; someone must have popped the whole thing out and flipped it 180deg. I had trouble getting it out at first, not wanting to break anything. Now it's running like a charm!

Ha, yes it's my calculus notes :)

I really want to thank you all for your friendly comments and gracious attempts to help; this has been among the best forum experiences I've ever had. Now that I've got my old train going again, perhaps I'll be on here more often now :)

Ihaveanelectrictrainset

Haha, have fun jbrock! thanks again!

Ihaveanelectrictrainset

I thank all of you for your help!