News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Dynamis and EZ Command

Started by jgossrmps, January 08, 2008, 05:39:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jgossrmps

Mr. BachMan -

I was wondering if the Dynamis and the EZ-Command Companion were compatiable.  On my son's layout we use EZ-Command and the companion.

I am thinking of upgradming my layout with Dynamis.  However, I would like him to be able to run on my layout with a simpiler controller than the Dynamis.

Thank you for your time.

Jonathan

prebres

You can't run two controllers at the same time, but yes they are compatable in the sense that you can unplug the EZ and plug in the Dynamis and run the trains.

jgossrmps

Thanks for your reply.

I am wondering if you can use a Companion from EZ Command with the Dynamis.

Thanks again.

Jonathan

prebres

For that answer, my friend, you will need to contact the Bach-Man!

jgossrmps

Mr. Bach-man...

Can I do this?

Thank you.

Jonathan

prebres

Here is a re-print of the FAQ from the Dynamis Web site:

WIRELESS
DCC Digital Control System
from Bachmann

* Home
    * About Dynamis DCC
    * FAQs About Dynamis
    * Products
    * Links
    * UK Stockists
    * Bachmann Home
    * deutsche Version

Some answers about Dynamis DCC

Q â€" Why does Dynamis use infrared wireless?

A â€" Infrared is very convenient over short distances, Dynamis is intended for use within the immediate vicinity of the layout but without the tangle of cables. It also avoids problems from other radio using applications using the small band of available radio frequencies.

Q â€" My TV remote doesn't always work, how can I be sure Dynamis will work well?

A â€" Dynamis uses an advanced bidirectional IR communication. The handset and the base station stay in contact with each other during use, for example if a message send as a result of say a throttle position change is not correctly received the base station will ask for the message to be resent. The infrared transmitter and receiver components are duplicated within the equipment to cover a wide angle of view so it’s not necessary to point exactly at the receiver unit.

Back to Top | Back to Questions About Dynamis

Q â€" Will I have problems using Dynamis on a very large layout?

A â€" No. You can remove the infrared receiver from the basestation and mount above the layout in a clear location. It’s also possible to purchase a second receiver to increase the area of coverage if required.

Q â€" What if I wish to use Dynamis system at an exhibition and other layouts are also using Dynamis systems?

A â€" Up to four Dynamis systems can be operated within the same receiver range of each other by very simply selecting a different ID number on each receiver.

Q â€" What is the power output?

A â€" Dynamis is supplied with a 2.5amp power supply at 15.5 Volts stabilized to the load being taken.

Q â€" How many trains can I run?

A â€" The limitations of how many trains can be run at anyone time is down to the power supply - the 2.5amps power supply may allow up to 6+ trains to run at the same time depending on what functions are being used on each locomotive.

Q â€" How many locomotives can Dynamis control at once?

A â€" Each handset has the capability to control one train at once, in addition the 2.5 amps power supply will allow for 6 to 10 locomotives to be running in background mode, however at any one time you can call upon any of the 40 locomotives in the E-Z database.

Q â€" How will I know what speed setting different locomotives are running at?

A â€" When switching between different locomotives, the speedbar indicator on the back lit LCD display on the Dynamis handset immediately shows the speed and direction of the new locomotive which has been selected.

Q â€" When my friends visit how many of us can run trains together.

A â€" With Dynamis, you can use a single handset. Add the Dynamis Pro Box and the system is opened up to 4 additional wireless handsets plus additional tethered handsets on the ECoSlink high speed bus if required.

Q â€" I need lots of power, more than the 2.5 amps which is provided with Dynamis.

A â€" If you require additional power then you can add one or more of the EZ Command 5 amp boosters which are connected to the DCC output of Dynamis. 

Q â€" Can I use my existing locomotives which have decoders already fitted?

A â€" Yes, Dynamis will work with DCC decoders that comply to DCC standards, including for example Digitrax, ESU, MRC, Gaugmaster,NCE, Lenz, Zimo, TCS, Soundtraxx, Hornby and ZTC.

Q â€" Can I switch lights on and off?

A â€" Yes. In fact with a Dynamis system you can operate a further 20 different functions if available on a locomotive in addition to switching lights on and off. So if a locomotive as a sound decoder fitted such as a 32-040DS Class 20 or a 25494 On30 Forney, you can control the different sound functions such as bells, whistles and horns etc.The function buttons on Dynamis can also be individually configured to latch or trigger to suit the type of function that you are operating. i.e. A latch setting would be used to switch on an additional lighting unit, the lights would then remain on until you again pressed the function button to switch them off. If the function button was set to a trigger setting and you wished to sound a short whistle sound, a single press of the function button would trigger the sound each time you pressed the button.

Q â€" Can I operate turnouts/points and accessories?

A â€" Yes, Dynamis can operate up to 20 accessory decoders each with up to four outputs each, giving a total of 80 turnout/point style accessories.

Q â€" Does Dynamis support consisting?

A â€" Yes, up to 40 consists of 5 locomotives each. The consists are made and taken apart using simple button presses on the handset

Q â€" Can I program decoder CVs

A â€" Yes, 'main track' with Dynamis and Programming track with the Dynamis Pro.

Q â€" How many decoder speed steps are supported?

A â€" 128 steps - but also older decoders are supported with 14 or 28 speed steps.

Q â€" What addressing format does Dynamis use?

A â€" Both short and long addressing may be used additionally up to 40 locomotives can be referred to by a 16-character name and an icon and stored in the E-Z database.

Q â€" How soon can I buy a Dynamis system?

A â€" This site will be updated with delivery and UK price information as soon as it becomes available. For UK enquires please see the UK stockist link.
For International visitors to the site for prices in your local currency please contact you local Bachmann stockist.

Q â€" What is DCC, 'Digital Command Control'?

A â€" DCC 'Digital Command Control' allows for independent control of more than one locomotive on the same piece of track, it also allows for more than one locomotive to travel in different directions on the same pieces of track allowing for total freedom when operating your model railway.

Q â€" Why should I buy a system which is N.M.R.A. Conformant?

A â€" The N.M.R.A stands for the National Model Railroad association of America.
The N.M.R.A. sets out standards for manufactures to follow when designing and manufacturing model railway products including DCC systems. 'EZ Command Dynamis' as been designed to meet the requirements of the N.M.R.A. standards.

The Old Man

Quote from: prebres on January 09, 2008, 10:57:27 AM
Here is a re-print of the FAQ from the Dynamis Web site:

WIRELESS
DCC Digital Control System
from Bachmann

* Home
    * About Dynamis DCC
    * FAQs About Dynamis
    * Products
    * Links
    * UK Stockists
    * Bachmann Home
    * deutsche Version

Some answers about Dynamis DCC

Q â€" Why does Dynamis use infrared wireless?

A â€" Infrared...

Yada, yada.

But did I miss if it answered his question--"I am wondering if you can use a Companion from EZ Command with the Dynamis"?

David

prebres

I don't think that it can, but we better wait for the Bach-Man to answer that one.

the Bach-man

Dear David,
I don't believe so either.
Have fun!
the Bach-man