News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Removal of DCC card

Started by dstuttgen, May 15, 2015, 09:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dstuttgen

Hi, I have a Bachmann Baldwin 4-6-0 - with DCC. I need to remove the DCC module cuz I run DC. How do I do this?

Thanks, Dan

ACY

Your locomotive is equipped with a dual mode decoder so it is not necessary to remove the decoder for analog DC operation. It will run on DC or DCC without any modifications. It runs better on DCC but will run perfectly fine on DC. Hopefully this is helpful. If you are set on removing the DOC decoder, then please let me know and I will provide instructions.

dstuttgen

Ok, so I bought the Kato sound box and as my 4-6-0 Baldwin has DCC onboard, I'm wondering if that is why I'm not getting the chuffing sound. The unit is analogue so I'm thinking that's why. Is it possible to disable the DCC? What do y'all advise?

Mike C

I think you need a sound card to go into the Kato sound box .

Mike C

Looks like they don't have steam sound cards yet though .

dstuttgen

My sound box came with a steam card. I bought it on ebay. It came from Japan.

Mike C

Japan must be ahead of their US distributor then . Cool !

dstuttgen

None of this answers my question though. Do you think the DCC decoder is interfering with the Kato sound box? If so, how do I disable the DCC?

dstuttgen

Quote from: ACY on May 15, 2015, 09:58:44 PM
Your locomotive is equipped with a dual mode decoder so it is not necessary to remove the decoder for analog DC operation. It will run on DC or DCC without any modifications. It runs better on DCC but will run perfectly fine on DC. Hopefully this is helpful. If you are set on removing the DOC decoder, then please let me know and I will provide instructions.
I could use that info but will it solve my issue?

plas man

the Kato sound box is DC (Analogue) only , careful or you may burn it out if connected to DCC ,

same goes for running DC locos on DCC without fitting a Decoder , some motors will be u/s in a couple of seconds .

spookshow

The tender PC board is actually two boards in one (functionally speaking). The forward half is the "main board" (to which the wiring harness is soldered) and the rear half is the "DCC board". The DCC board is designed such that it can be snapped off from the main board (should you want to swap in a different decoder or run without a decoder entirely). Instructions included in the box show where to solder decoder wires to the main board (for running a different decoder) or what contacts to bridge on the main board if you want to run without a decoder.

Cheers,
-Mark