WBB 44-Tonner Power for EZ-Street Trucks

Started by Len, May 16, 2015, 08:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Len

Over on the O-Gauge Railroading magazine forum a gentleman named Lee Willis has come up with a new use for the power trucks from WBB 44-tonners. He uses them to power "bashed" tractor trailers for the EZ-Streets portion of his layout.

Description of what he's doing can be seen at: http://ogrforum.ogaugerr.com/topic/six-super-streets-big-rigs-for-ez-street-my-next-generation-tractor-trailers

Since he's using 'Streets and WBB parts for this, I though you might be interested. There are several other threads over there on what he's been doing with EZ-Streets on his layout.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

phillyreading

I have seen the post today as well. Also Mr L. Willis has done a small book on E Z Streets, wiring and track usage.

A little about E Z Streets or Super Streets(the K-Line name for them), you need to know a little about how to install curve to straight tracks. You must use a 2.5 inch straight to curve track between a curve and another straight track because of the openings in the track are wider on curves then on straight and the straight to curve track compensates for that. Also there is a 2.5 inch curve to curve straight track for use between two curves.
When I first started using K-Line Super Streets it was trial and error for me with the curves and straights.

Lee F.