Bachmann 90021 Emmett Kelly Jr - Need Power Pack

Started by five_oaks817, May 20, 2015, 07:53:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

five_oaks817

Hi - I am hoping you can help. We just bought the Emmett Kelly Jr train set - number 90021 and it came with no instructions or battery pack. The main engine looks like it needs batteries but "D" and "C" size batteries do not fit. What type of battery is needed? Is there some special battery pack and where can I purchase one? I would greatly appreciate any and all help. Thanks, Maureen

richardl

I believe this should be in the Large scale forum.
To my knowledge the loco operates on a DC power pack from the pictures of the set in a Google search. I had the similar loco with two passengers cars. I think a nine volt battery was in the passengers car for lights and maybe one in the tender or loco for maybe sound. Been some years. Bachmann does sell the power pack.
You can search ebay or Amazon.com. I think it is about $68 for the large scale power pack at Amazon. $95 from Bachmann.

eBay would probably be the lowest price. There is one for $85 free shipping.

You can Google Bachmann Large Scale Power Pack and Speed Controller for the latest version power pack.
The original set might have looked different.

Google Bachmann 90021 Emmett Kelly Jr train set.

Rich

richardl

Your set is older large scale. Look at the present large scale instructions. They might help.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/dwg/dwgs/Big_Hauler_Instructions.pdf

Rich

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi,

Rich is right, your locomotive is not battery powered if it is in set 90021. It is powered thru the track using a DC power pack.

90021   EKJX   The Big Top   1994   1998   Circus   49   Ver3-4   Flat #144 Lion & Tiger White   Combine All Star Circus
90021   Notes:   Catalog Set In the catalog in 1994, 1995, and 1997 & 1998      

It does use a 9 volt battery in the tender hatch to power the sound.   Any dc power pack(transformer) that is 2 amp or better will do the trick.            

Click on the link to the instructions that Rich posted for the detailed instructions.

Have fun,

Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!