News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HELP FINDING OLDER BACHMAN TRAIN SET MODEL??

Started by Sandman799, May 20, 2015, 10:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandman799

Hello everyone, I'm trying to find out what model Bachman N scale train set I used to own, I was in the U.S. Army and stationed in Schweinfurt Germany, in 1985/1986 I picked up a very nice and very large Bachman N scale train set in a German hobby shop, the thing is it wasn't just a standard N scale train set, it came with a complete environment building set with plaster and mountain tunnels and trees and green stuff to make everything look like a mountain railway environment, it also came with train station and other buildings and a lot of other stuff in one set.

The problem is after I left the military I got married and divorced and she ended up with literally EVERYTHING I OWNED, anyway I've been trying to find out exactly what set it was that I bought over there, it ran off 120v US type plugins, or I bought a U.S. Type power supply? But can't remember which? Anyway it was a huge all inclusive train, track, and mountain environment  with buildings and people and it was an all in one set, I don't know if it was older then 1985/1986 because it could have been in the hobby shop for several years before I bought it and I've been trying to find out what I had so I can try to locate the same set again because I always intended to build it all up when I bought a home and had a room I could build the set and not have to worry about moving it.. I actually bought a lot of other locomotives and caboose sets and extra accessories and track and buildings and so much more stuff and I want to replace it if I can but you can't find something if you don't know exactly what set you had unless you get real lucky and accidentally find it but that's a slim chance, so hopefully someone here can help me out please??

Thanks in advance
Billy

Joe Satnik

Dear Billy,

No help with sets, however...

On Tony Cook's site....

http://www.ho-scaletrains.net/bachmann-nscale-locomotives/

http://www.ho-scaletrains.net/bachmann-nscale-rollingstock/

Click the links on the left side. 

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

brokemoto

Spookshow's website might provide you with more information about the locomotives and cars, but I do not think that his site has much information on sets.

You  might be better off buying all new equipment.   Since the 1980s, B-mann has issued locomotives and rolling stock that is FAR SUPERIOR to anything that it sold in the 1980s or even early to mid 1990s.   The same is true of the other manufacturers.

There are building kits and tunnels and the like that are out there that are simple to assemble.  In addition, B-mann and other manufacturers sell track that is better than what was out there in the 1980s.

If it is a set that you want, B-mann does sell sets with equipment that is, again, far superior to what was out there in the 1980s.   I do not know if any of them have all of the buildings, tunnels and the like, but, again, you can buy those things and add them.   There are other manufacturers that sell sets, as well, but you do get a wider variety from B-mann.

kmcsjr

Go new To get started. Set up searches on ebay, based on keywords you remember from the set. You may come across it. But, if you want to enjoy yourself quickly, go new.
good luck

Desertdweller

I seem to remember Woodland Scenics selling a pretty complete set with scenery you build and building kits, trees, etc. but no train or track.  By buying this outfit and adding track and a train you would wind up with something pretty close to what you have described.

You might try a Google Search of Woodland Scenics.

Les