Spectrum 4-4-0 dcc with sound not working properly Help??!!??

Started by EBT17, May 21, 2015, 02:01:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EBT17

I have a new spectrum 4-4-0 with dcc and sound. I am brand new to dcc and am having an issue with this locomotive. I have a Prodigy Express cab unit.

My issue is my one other loco works on my layout, and when I initially programmed this one, it was working perfectly fine except when it was rounding a curve, the coupler trip pins were touching the rail and causing sparks. I immediately stopped the loco and trimmed the pins back a little so the wouldn't touch anymore. Since doing this, all the F funtions work except the headlight. When I start to throttle up, the sound of a moving loco is present and increases in intensity with more throttle, but now the loco does not move in either direction. My other loco runs fine, so everything is alright with the system and track. I have already tried deleting the loco from my cab and reprogramming, with no luck. Can someone please help me with this? Thank you in advance.

richardl

EBT17

I deleted the loco, then placed it back on the program track and started over, only this time I pulled up cv8 and entered 8 in the data. This did not correct the problem. Getting frustrated now.

guslcp

What loco # did you use to test the loco after setting CV8 to 8..??
You should use loco #3 to test after a reset of CV8.