News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Motor voltage

Started by Howard240, May 27, 2015, 03:47:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howard240

Can someone please  tell me the voltage rating of the motor in the 4-6-0 Anniversary?  thank you.

Loco Bill Canelos

Howard,

it is 0 to 24 volts, and draws less that an Amp after starting, and after being broken in.

Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Chuck N

Just curious.  Are you looking for voltage ratings because you are looking for a power supply?  If you are, voltage is just one factor to consider.  The number of amps the power supply can handle is equally important.  Most entry level (starter set) power supplies are rated at one amp or less.  Most people using those upgrade to a more powerful unit sooner rather than later, because lighted cars, smoke units, sound, longer trains, tight curves, grades, etc. all require more current.  The minimum amps recommended by many of us is 3.  5 or 10 amps would be better.  I have a passenger train that pulls about 7 amps (2 diesels 4 motors at 1 amp per motor and 6 lighted passenger cars at 0.5 amps per car). My power supplies are rated at 10 and 15 amps output.

Chuck

Loco Bill Canelos

I forgot to mention that if you run the Anniversary at 24 volts it will fly off the tracks on the tight curves.  My standard running voltage for realistic operation is more like 5 to 10 volts for more reasonable speeds.
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!