Petition. EVERY 1 MUST READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by ThomasFan247, June 15, 2008, 02:50:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThomasFan247

Dear all Thomas the Tank Engine Fans,
As some here may know Thomas and Friends is going animated and I am furious with it!!!  >:( I'm tired of all these changes. If you think that Thomas should NOT go CGI (Computer Generated Image (I think)) please e-mail me at Thomasfan247@aol.com. I will have this posted in my local paper hoping others will agree. Thank you for your help to come.

-Chris

Cheeky_ULP

Give up dude. Your little petition isn't going to change their mind. Its so that the show can STAY IN PRODUCTION.

The Chaz Storm

I agree with Sparks, you can't change what is already going to be done.  You can be as mad as you would like about this but there is no way that they are going to stop what they are doing because of people's opinions.  Personally, I think you should watch the older episodes with the models and grow up. 

alex wittman

well, after they put cgi on the air, thats when i will stop watching thomas, only on youtube, but not on television, i don't want to bug anyone about this, but i will watch the old thomas on youtube

Diesel #261

I do agree I would like the old Thomas & Friends to come back but I think it would look cool with the series animated. ;D
"Shaking and spluttering, the diesel stopped."

SuperD

Have you even seen the CGI? Don't knock it until you've seen it. I personally think it's a great idea and hopefully will keep the show running.

While I can't say that I personally like the seasons up from 8, it should provide a good alternative.

I hope the same writers don't come back. Ugh...

The Chaz Storm

Well Thomas is going to have new owners from what I heard and the rights will be given to a different company in Canada.  Therefore, I believe there will be new writers into the series, but we shouldn't get our hopes to high as we don't know what the episodes in Season 12 will be about.  I am sure we will find out soon though.  So overall, I think things should be really interesting for Season 12. ;)

Anthony P

Thomas i'm sorry we can't do anything about it. I know the old thomas was great but somethings have to change. i would love to help you some more but they already made changes. did you see the  image i posted on "the every thing thomas topic"?   remember The Great Discovery as the last model show before CGI. I'm sorry.

Michael

I say give it a chance.  With CGI, it may not be original, but there are many more possibilities with it!  The cost of characters is not a problem anymore, so you could see engines you have missed!  Give it a chance guys...

alex wittman

well, the cgi thomas does look soooooooo  cool. you are right, i won't knock it till i watch it, but you all agree that some of you will watch the old thomas on youtube too, right?

ThomasFan247

dear all,
i'm sorry 4 getting all worked up. i was really upset and i had alot on my mind. i was just trying 2 voice my opinion. as some said, "dont knock it till you see it", are right. i saw a pic of cgi thomas on youtube and he barely looks animated!

-Chris

Santa Fe buff

Quote from: Thomas. on June 15, 2008, 02:50:25 PM
  Dear all Thomas the Tank Engine Fans,
As some here may know Thomas and Friends is going animated and I am furious with it!!!  >:( I'm tired of all these changes. If you think that Thomas should NOT go CGI (Computer Generated Image (I think)) please e-mail me at Thomasfan247@aol.com. I will have this posted in my local paper hoping others will agree. Thank you for your help to come.

-Chris
I admire your spirt, but they don't care, I e-mail HiT entertainment themselves and they didn't even reply when I asked for a reply. If there is a petition, I agree to it. I'm in on it, but I do think it will do no good.
Quote from: Thomas. on June 18, 2008, 11:41:43 AM
  dear all,
i'm sorry 4 getting all worked up. i was really upset and i had alot on my mind. i was just trying 2 voice my opinion. as some said, "dont knock it till you see it", are right. i saw a pic of cgi thomas on youtube and he barely looks animated!

-Chris
And it's okay, I was mad too, but in the everything thomas topic, the CGI is very well just like the orignal, it looks like they never changed it.
- Joshua Bauer

PRRThomas11

This does disappoint me. The only reason I pay attention to the new Thomas episodes is because they are made with model trains. Lets face it. We (and by we, I mean the people who are over five and still watch Thomas the Tank Engine) are only a tiny percentage of the Thomas watching community. (Thats why its on in between Dora the Explorer and Barney.) The little kids who watch the show wont even care how its made. If you look at the show now and then, its really different. The way Rev. W Awdry wrote it was grown up. Now the writer makes the stories as easy to under stand as ever he could. Even the name is different. Thomas and Friends, because probably only 95% of people know what a tank engine is.

So Thomas., as much as I agree with your petition, I don't think its going to do much because now all the company cares about is money.
PRRThomas11- "The Standard Railfan of the World" 

alex wittman

but it is easier for them not to use the models like if one broke they would fix it and it would take a long time so cgi is good :)

PRRThomas11

They spend less money on it and charge us the same price for it. Then they're raking in the dough.
PRRThomas11- "The Standard Railfan of the World"