News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

TrainFest 2007 this weekend

Started by duker1, November 05, 2007, 09:01:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

duker1

TrainFest 2007 will be happening this weekend in Milwaukee. I will be at the Bluff City Modular Engineers layout. Drop by and say hello.

The Duke....

BIG BEAR

Hey Duke,
     I've gone to Trainfest the last 2 years, but I have a trip to an all inclusive resort in Mexico, that my wife is making me go to this year instead.
     Trainfest, Mad City, & Title Town have been on my must do list the last couple yrs. , but I'll be thinking of you from poolside.

Barry

P.S.  Please give us details of how the weekend went, if you have a chance.
Barry,

...all the Live long day... If she'd let me.

r0bert

I will be at The Great Train Expo in Denver this weekend, but I have always wanted to do trainfest.

jschmid

I'll be at trainfest, ive gone every year since 1989! Gotta love the manufactor booths with new tooling not seen anywhere on the net yet! and awsome layouts and the many dealers that wanna drain your wallet :))

GlennW

How about a report next week on what's new at TrainFest?

Any pictures would be appreciated.

r.cprmier

I've gone to Trainfest the last 2 years, but I have a trip to an all inclusive resort in Mexico, that my wife is making me go to this year instead.

Making you go to?  Uh-huh...
And just think...While you are enjoying time with the woman you love in a great resort, you can lament the missing of a train show...(Who're you kidding, Tiger?)
Go and enjoy Yourself.

RIch
Rich

NEW YORK NEW HAVEN & HARTFORD RR. CO.
-GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

BIG BEAR

Maybe it was the wonderful surroundings, or the company I was keeping, or the rum & cokes, I forgot to remember you folks at Trainfest.
       So how was it?

Barry
Barry,

...all the Live long day... If she'd let me.

duker1

TrainFest 2007 was a resonding success. Over 60 layouts on display of various scales and sizes. About 21,000 paid attendees and maybe another 10,000 kids under 12 who did not have to pay.
Bachmann's site was small but very busy. The Bmann was not there due to a previous committment. Was some new guy there who claimed heritage to Varney family as a grandson.
My club had a premier location. Just behind the big Kalmbach display at the front entrance.
I took a few photos and will attempt to post once I get developed. Used a disposable camera. By accident, it flew out of my hand and took a serious landing on the concrete floor.

The Duke....