News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC Reset

Started by mdavidjohnson, June 09, 2015, 06:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mdavidjohnson

I have a 51602 HO Steam Loco USRA 0-6-0 w/Smoke & Slope Tender Santa Fe #2121.

How do I reset the DCC On Board controller to it's factory defaults?

Also, something seems non-standard here. I program CV17=200, CV18=73, (for long address=2121) and CV29=34 (for "use long address") and the locomotive does nothing at address 2121. Trying to set it back to short address = 3 doesn't seem to work either.

I'm using a Digitrax DCS50 and it works fine with other Bachmann Locos such as my Bachmann 51804 HO Alco 2-6-0 Steam Loco (DCC Sound) ATSF#9441. What am I missing here? 

richardl

Quote from: mdavidjohnson on June 09, 2015, 06:26:16 PM
I have a 51602 HO Steam Loco USRA 0-6-0 w/Smoke & Slope Tender Santa Fe #2121.

How do I reset the DCC On Board controller to it's factory defaults?

What am I missing here?  

CV8. Enter 8.

There is an HO forum also.

Rich

mdavidjohnson

Hmmmm.

Thanks, but that didn't fix it.

I have another (identical) 0-6-0 and I tried changing CV1=2. It wouldn't run.  I tried CV1=1, and CV1=18. They didn't work either. I returned CV1=3 and it worked okay.

???

Hunt

A 1000 Ohm, ¼ Watt resistor laid across the programming track is required for CV read and programming  a non-sound Bachmann(Lenz based) decoder used with a Digitrax Zephyr (DCS50) or Zephyr Xtra (DCS51).
Remove resister after programming.

richardl

Quote from: Hunt on June 09, 2015, 09:00:03 PM
A 1000 Ohm, ¼ Watt resistor laid across the programming track is required for CV read and programming  a non-sound Bachmann(Lenz based) decoder used with a Digitrax Zephyr (DCS50) or Zephyr Xtra (DCS51).

Yeah. Forgot about that. If it does not run on 3, then the reset did not work.
I thought I read somewhere about removing track power and connecting track power after a reset. Been a while for me.

Rich

Hunt

Quote from: richardl on June 09, 2015, 09:02:52 PM

I thought I read somewhere about removing track power and connecting track power after a reset. Been a while for me.

Rich
Rich and all,
Resetting a Bachmann sound decoder (SoundTraxx) CVs to their factory default value is a two-step procedure.
Click Here for more onfo

richardl

Quote from: Hunt on June 09, 2015, 09:14:01 PM
Quote from: richardl on June 09, 2015, 09:02:52 PM
A 1000 Ohm, ¼ Watt resistor laid across the programming track is required for CV read and programming  a non-sound Bachmann(Lenz based) decoder used with a Digitrax Zephyr (DCS50) or Zephyr Xtra (DCS51).

Rich
Rich and all,
Resetting a Bachmann sound decoder (SoundTraxx) CVs to their factory default value is a two-step procedure.
Click Here for more onfo

Yeah. Thanks. Found that in my Bookmarks I saved sometime ago. Forgot where I stored the link. Have loads of Bookmarks now.
Did forget about the blinking light.
That should be stored in General Questions along with the 1k resistor for that system.

Rich

jward

just a thought..

I have both a dcs50 and a dcs51. programming the long address by calculating two different cvs is doing things the hard way. the zephyr allows you to program the long address directly.

put the zephyr in programming mode, press the loco button. the display will read either ad2 or ad4. if it reads ad2, press loco again and it will toggle to ad4. enter the loco number (2121) and press the cv-wr button. exit the programming mode and your locomotive should run on the address you programmed. with a Bachmann or atlas decoder, you must use the 1k ohm resistor connected across the rails of the program track in order for the decoder to take the programming changes.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA