News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Update on my Layout

Started by MrMoose, June 20, 2015, 10:31:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrMoose

Well today is a nasty rainy day so I decided to work on my layout. On one end I am building a tunnel mountain section.
I have the tunnel made but before I can put the roof on the tunnels I needed to put up a facia along that end of the layout.
I cut out the facia and cutout a access panel so I will be able to get to derailment if I have any and clean the track.
I have painted it and waiting for the paint to dry so I can mount it onto the layout. Once that is up I can put the roof on the tunnels. Then I can start to build the mountain on top of the tunnels.
Thats if for now I will post pic soon.

Happy Railroading!!!    :)

jward

anxiously awaiting those photos.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

RAM

You don't need to worry.  Trains never derail inside a tunnel.

Len

Quote from: RAM on June 20, 2015, 10:37:15 PM
You don't need to worry.  Trains never derail inside a tunnel.

BWAHAHAHAHAHahahahahahahahaha! <snort!><gasp!>

Best laugh I've had all week. ;D

Happy Father's Day to those who are.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Jhanecker2

I agree Len .  Murphy's Law like Death operates everywhere & never takes Time off .

MrMoose

Here are a few update photo

Access Panel....I'll put nice knobs on it later.

Inside the tunnel from the access panel.

ebtnut

On master track planner John Armstrong's layout he had one of his "reverted loops".  Along the facia he had put up a little sign that read "Cut here in case of excruciating difficulty".  A good number of years later, if one looked, the facia had been cut into and the sign was amended to read "On (such-and-such a date) the difficulty was deemed to be excruciating and this hole was cut". 

jward

I like the twin tunnel portals. the remind me of some places I've been to like Gallitzin, pa and Alleghany, va..... on some lines they bored a second tunnel parallel to the original, rather than enlarge the older one.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA