News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Columbia 2-4-2 union pacific 19

Started by PNR, December 31, 2015, 04:46:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PNR

Hello everyone,
  I am French and I come to acquire a big hauler columpia 2-4-2.Superbe machine features: sound and smokes .All it comes from a loft .There is no transformer but it is not a problem I have alternatives. After cleaning the whole, I started with the idea to roll this thing ... but surprise! the machine makes a strange noise, like a rattle. So I disassembled the device and it seems that the plastic gears have taken a shot of old. So I looked on the parts catalog to look for spare parts, but I have not found anything that seems appropriate. There is indeed this: Motor w / Gearbox (Large Old 2-4-2), but my motor is horizontal ..I assume that my engine is an older model and the parts are no longer available. Am I right ? Does it exist an alternative to revitalize this beautiful machine?
  I apologize for my English, but my friend google translation
Thanks for your help
  Guy

Loco Bill Canelos

Hello Guy,

Your locomotive was first made in 1989 and was in the catalog until 1993.

91101   UP   19   1989   ~ Loco   2-4-2, with tender, Union Pacific   P         wood burner

As you have guessed the parts are no longer available for this otherwise very nice locomotive.  It may be possible to find a replacement gear from a U.S. Company called NWSL. 

Here is a link to the site: http://nwsl.com/ 

They have a form to use for requesting a gear and that link is:

http://nwsl.com/Gear_Request_FORM.html

I wish you the best of luck finding  gear for your locomotive!!

Loco Bill

Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

PNR

THANK YOU  LOCO BILL
   I WILL TRY TO EXPLAIN THEIR MY PROBLEM
HAPPY NEW YEAR