What are you modeler's expecting BACHMANN to announce new loco at NMRA conventi

Started by kewatin, June 28, 2015, 02:01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kewatin

i think a lot of folks are expecting a 2-8-2 mikado,but i see their ho mikado that got released as new last yr,still has not arrived as yet.also i don;t see a mikado in n scale as kato saturated the market some yrs back.we were lucky to get the berkshire in n scale.maybe we have got used to having new product every year& have got complacent.
remember tooling &mfg cost money.what i would like to see is a dcc&sound eqip version of bachmann's northern &mountain locomotives.there seems to be a good demand fora  re release of these engines and would be quite doable cost wise.also a dcc  2-6-2 prarie is another loco that comes to mind.i don;t see a mikado or pacific coming from bachmann as MRC just did a re release of their pacific&mikado with dcc &sound, although i would like to see BACHMANN do these as they do smaller engines rather well also kato is re releasing their northern that sold out
what are you fellow modelers thinking in regards to what you would expect or hope to see announcement wise at the portland nmra convention in aug where most mfg's make any new product  forcasts.
regards&later KEWATIN.

Maletrain

I have no idea what to expect. 

But what I would like to see is (1) SMALL steam, particularly a Spectrum DCC version of the 0-6-0 switcher; and (2) SHORT passenger cars, on the order of 60' to 67' with Spectrum level detailing.  These seem to be quite feasible for Bachmann to do, with little chance for competition and a large potential for the runner market, where small stuff actually works and looks best on the layouts that most of us can actually get operating.

I would also like to see the earlier small steam re-released, perhaps with sound as an option.

Piyer

The one group of items that I could really use are "heavyweight era" 4-axle passenger cars such as those used by the Boston & Maine and the Maine Central (photo link: http://s16.photobucket.com/user/woodcanoe/media/MEC502Maroon.jpg.html ). And preferably without the toy-train-ish frosted windows and silhouettes of passengers.
~AJ Kleipass~
Proto-freelance modeling the Tri-State System c.1942
The layout is based upon the operations of the Delaware Valley Railway,
the New York, Susquehanna & Western, the Wilkes-Barre & Eastern,
the Middletown & Unionville, and the New York, Ontario & Western.

Franz T

I'm still hoping for the Russian Decapod; although I doubt that will happen. The HO version did not sell particularly well when it w s released a few years ago.

kmcsjr

Quote from: Maletrain on June 28, 2015, 02:40:12 PM
I have no idea what to expect. 

But what I would like to see is (1) SMALL steam, particularly a Spectrum DCC version of the 0-6-0 switcher; and (2) SHORT passenger cars, on the order of 60' to 67' with Spectrum level detailing.  These seem to be quite feasible for Bachmann to do, with little chance for competition and a large potential for the runner market, where small stuff actually works and looks best on the layouts that most of us can actually get operating.

I would also like to see the earlier small steam re-released, perhaps with sound as an option.

Agreed and an 0-4-0  The decapod. Just take a look at what steamers haven't been done, or haven't ever been done well and pick some things.

kewatin

i think another factor is there are still a lot of folks that haven't made the change to dcc &don't want to pay the added cost of buying a dcc euipped loco &with sound when they are happy with dc.at my age i thought the transition would be difficult,but with my power cab i t was an easy  situation, especially  when there is so much help on various forums to assist those with problems.sound i can live with or with out.i am somewhat surprised that bachmann hasn;t done a shorty version of the old heavy weight passenger cars but with 4 wheel trucks instead of 6. they did a real nice job on the coach that came with the doodlebug.also i think the old scenario of east coast motive power versus west coast,dictates what will sell better, with bachmann being located in the east i can see a preference for east coast roads,whereas kato does a lot of west coast livery.personally i don;t care as long as bachmann will release new steam product i will buy as i am not a rivet counter. my railroad my rules .decals can make that transformation happen for me.although i see with great disappointment that they no longer offer unlettered locos as i have heard they didn't
sell well.just my thoughts&views but remember MFG'S do look at these forum post s and many a new product has come forth from comments by all of us.
regards&later KEWATIN

plas man

a Canadian Pacific Royal Hudson would be nice , along with some stock for it to haul   ;)

and pack's of wheels to fit into the trucks they already sell . 

kewatin

Hi plas man
yes there has been a lot of interest re royal hudson in n scale,many a topic&discussion on train board &railwire forums.with such a small market place here in canada &less so in the states i don't think we will ever see one, but one never does know.it looks like some folks have used a model power  now mrc pacific for a starting point and lots of parts available from minitures by eric.ie boiler add on's ,bell, pilot class lights, trailing truck&vestibule all weather cab,tender hatches cast resin tender,buffer lites &you can get a buckeye tender trucks from kato.decals are available from black cat. there is also been a cast resin loco shell made by del prado but i cannot find any info on who made it or when, some one else on here might have some info on it. both BLACK CAT DECALS &MINITURES BY ERIC ARE IN CANADA,but do ship overseas. perhaps you have this information but i posted for you just in case you didn't.i am tempted to try this using mrc new release pacific with sound &dcc.i am thinking maybe RAPIDO here in canada might do it in the near future as they seem to be releasing canadian prototypes.
have a nice day   regards&later KEWATIN

James in FL

I must have missed the announcement, I haven't heard/seen anything announced in n scale.
Anybody got a link?

ACY

Quote from: James in FL on July 04, 2015, 03:28:16 PM
I must have missed the announcement, I haven't heard/seen anything announced in n scale.
Anybody got a link?
There is no announcement, this is just people speculating on what they want Bachmann to make, any official announcements will not be released until the NMRA National Convention.

kewatin

hey ACY was that a misprint,where you said no announcement from bachmann at the NMRA CONVENTION IN PORTLAND? when i asked the yardmaster early back in the post he said any new announcements would be made then as is the usual case for BACHMANN and other mfgs.i hope sincerely that is not the case. also i will wish all our american friends a happy &safe 4th of july
regards&later KEWATIN

ACY

plas man

t
Quote from: kewatin on July 03, 2015, 04:27:19 PM
Hi plas man
yes there has been a lot of interest re royal hudson in n scale.
have a nice day   regards&later KEWATIN

thanks for the reply Kewatin , got your E mail , will be patient for a while longer , then maybe ''kit'' bash one , the Del-prado one looks nice , I missed on a couple of years ago at a model rail show , and only sold for a couple of UK pounds ( about 3 US dollar) ,

Alan     

RGW

I think a revised 0-6-0 would be great.New cylinders, brake rigging and metal boiler,coreless motor or one not sticking out the back with a spectrum tender. And as long as they are at it stretch the chassis to make a USRA 0-8-0 or even, dare I say it  2-10-0 .

I am not really thinking this would happen,but a  improved ( cosmetically) 0-6-0 would be nice and it may not have massive production change cost.