What are you modeler's expecting BACHMANN to announce new loco at NMRA conventi

Started by kewatin, June 28, 2015, 02:01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RGW

What was the driver diameter on these 0-10-2s?. If it is 57in then Bachmann could use  there USRA Light 2-10-2s.

Maybe Bachmann should sell steam with out tenders/shells for kitbashers.

TJ

Quote from: RGW on July 06, 2015, 07:39:06 PM
What was the driver diameter on these 0-10-2s?. If it is 57in then Bachmann could use  there USRA Light 2-10-2s.

Maybe Bachmann should sell steam with out tenders/shells for kitbashers.
I agree, and those PRE SPECTRUM  Steam Loco tenders .

TJ

TJ

RGW,

I sent you a Email , PM whatever works hopefully you'll seat.

TJ

RGW

Thanks for the link. A person could possibly bash a  Union/DM&IR  0-10-2 from the Lt 2-10-2 , drivers would be a scale 4 inches to small,but this probably be acceptable for many.
Any DM&IR n scaler want to try?

kewatin

2 mfg's will announce new locos at NMRA convention in aug at portland.
RAPIDO confirmed one in their upcoming news  blog and secondly kato states they will release old loco with new tooling& road names looks like the best bet for continued steam products are BACHMANN WHOM CONTINUE TO SUPPORT US N SCALERS and MP-MRC  .WALTHERS  could car less about n and they dropped their LIFE LIKE LINE
of great locos yrs back and no new buildings.waiting&watching with great anticipation for upcoming news as the convention is less than a month away.what specific models they didn't say.
regards&later kewatin

SandyEggoJake

How about a prototypical GE/Wason Doodlebug?  Might only require a new shell to go over a modified EMC Doodlebug chassis?

QuoteThe one group of items that I could really use are "heavyweight era" 4-axle passenger cars

Not a loco, but still +1 for Piyer's request.  Love to see some small baggage / combines prototypical for the AT&SF.

Heck, I would be happy if they just released more heavyweight era 2 axle passenger trucks!  Hunt for swap meat fodder is getting old. 

And while I'm at it, how about some refresh on out of stock parts?  TT for the N2-8-0?  Any N scale Bell!

Barry Karlberg

I would like to see Sound decoders added to all N scale Bachmann locomotives.

Barry

kewatin

yes bary i agree,if you look under the bachmann EM1 tender,they have already made provision for sound as there are holes drilled for future sound installation.also adding sound is a hot topic on other forums as the rail community seems to think that the mfg"s will add it to all their products with liitle or slight increase to their product. also sound trax has come out with an economical new decoder that has all the functions you would want at a real reason price. we shall see where all this leads to shortly i am sure.
regards&later kewatin

Bucksco

Sometimes I regret that most people lose sight of all the great rolling stock that Bachmann has released over the last few years in N scale. Sure Locomotives are more glamorous than cars but what kind of train would it be without nice cars? Some recent releases include 55 ton 2 bay hoppers, ACF side braced box cars, flat cars with trailers, a beautiful Northeast caboose, ACF single some tank cars, and others....
NMRA is coming soon and there will be new releases but remember - they're not always locomotives!

kewatin

yardmaster, you are correct about rolling stock,but folks have been asking for passenger cars in n scale .you proved you can make a very nice coach as to witness what you supplied with your doodlebug.why not finish the train by adding additional cars.there are not many mfg's marketing the old 1930 to 50's 4 wheeled truck coaches.maybe from your reply is we should'nt expect any new steam locos? is this a tidbit? oh we shall see come aug at the NMRA convention in portland oregon.one would also think that what one makes in HO would eventually made in n scale.but is not always the case. would love to see BACHMANN do a n scale fa2 alco with sound in n scale as you have a real nice one in HO personally i would like to see re releases of your 2-8-0,heavy mtn etc with sound. these are excellent locos&pullers and set the bar as to good quality running locos that can pull stumps out of the ground..
regards&later kewatin

Desertdweller

I am always interested in N-scale passenger cars.  The Bachmann Budd-built full-length dome is a nice car, but Bachmann makes no companion cars to go with it.

In a different direction, how about a Pullman-Standard smooth-side full-length dome?  I currently have a repainted Budd full-length dome substituting for a P/S Milwaukee Road Superdome.

An ACF dome diner would be a nice addition.

In the heavyweight cars, 4-wheel passenger coaches would be nice, even a re-run of the "shorties" would be appreciated.  These things have become so scarce, I resorted to making baggage cars and coaches by splicing baggage-coach combines.  A real dining car in this series would be appreciated.  Something that seems to be totally lacking in either "shorty" or full-length cars is a solarium-observation with an enclosed observation end.  These cars were common at lone time as replacements for open-platform observation cars (which there are plenty of).  Enclosed observation cars were used in service longer than open platform obs cars, right into the 1960's and maybe even later.

What about locomotives?  I have only two suggestions here.  We could use a FP7.  And an Erie-built.

Les

kewatin

bachmann parts dept releases new motor&frame for 2-6-2 & 0-6-0.this generates a lot of speculation as the YARDMASTER says that this motor will be used in new loco products moving forward.it is currently being installed in their 2-6-2 cnr and their 0-6-0..mark from spookshow spotted it and posed the question.i am waiting for an answer to see if it is dcc compatable.one could also say that this is a good speculation that bachmann is committed to continuing to mfg new steam engines in the near future. great stuff if it bears fruit later on.
regards&later  KEWATIN

SandyEggoJake

How about a non-DCC version of the Ten Wheeler (N4-6-0).  Would be a very simple release.

TJ

As for diesel locomotives how about an ALCO C855 or the GE U50C !

TJ