News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Prairie 2-6-2

Started by grumpy, December 21, 2007, 12:32:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumpy

I am looking for a Prairie 2-6-2  but the only one I seem to find is the std model mfg by Bachman .Is there anything out there with DCC and sound or DCC or something good enough to convert.

SteamGene

Give me a B
Give me a R
Give me a A
Give me a S
Give me a S
What do we spell?
(Sorry my daughter was both a cheerleader and then a cheerleader coach)
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Atlantic Central

Gooooooooooooooooooooo Team!

Jake

Quote from: SteamGene on December 21, 2007, 10:51:20 AM
Give me a B
Give me a R
Give me a A
Give me a S
Give me a S
What do we spell?
(Sorry my daughter was both a cheerleader and then a cheerleader coach)
Gene

Wait...Wait...I know this... it spells...

Kumquat!

But yeah, brass is pretty much the only option.
Co Admin/Founder of the North American Narrow Gauge Modelers!
http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/northamericanna.html
www.myspace.com/vfb1210

JIMMY!! HAFF AR LODE JUST DROPPED LOOS!!!

japasha

The Bachmann USRA 0-6-0 runs fine. It can be made into a small Prarie resembling many built for the logging industry.

The Brass locomotives will start at $250 and go up depending on condition. The best ones are PFM-United models frm the late 60s and eary 70s. Unfortunately, the Bachmann will out pull it.

SteamGene

The NEW Bachmann 0-6-0, 2-6-0, 2-6-2 runs fine.  The old one does not.  I had two of the old 0-6-0s and Bachmann replaced them with the new ones.  The new ones are fine. In fact, I guess I'm going to have to eventually convert them to DCC, even though I have more switchers than I really need (two VT&P 0-8-0s, two C&O 0-8-0s, two VT&P 0-6-0s, one C&O SW-9, and one VT&P SW-9 in the shop). All steam are USRA from Proto 2000 or Bachmann, with the 0-6-0s bashed with Proto 2000 pilot beams.  One SW-9 is a Proto 2000 and the other is an old Con-Cor.  I notice that I'm rambling.  Or switching.   ;)
Gene
Chief Brass Hat

robman

Hi, I don't know if this will help you at all but I recieved a 2-6-2 two days ago which I won in an auction here in NZ. It was made by Mantua, I think a fair while ago, and seems to be reasonably detailed (apart from the tender being 15 feet from the loco,I've shortened the draw bar already)and a reasonable runner.Maybe it's another option. Cheers Rob.
Modeling over there over here

RAM

I think you will find that the  Mantua 2-6-2 is like Bachmann old 2-6-2.  They both are really 0-6-0s

SteamGene

Mantua did that with several larger engines.  IIRC, the 2-8-4 and the 4-6-4 are really a Mike and a Pacific with an four wheel trailing truck.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat