News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Dynamis communication problem real fix

Started by Bmannguy, July 04, 2015, 06:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bmannguy

Dear Bachman,                                                         I have a dynamis system and after a year it developed a communication problem out of the blue.I chcked all th basics,then I did a web search and noticed the same issues by many users after around the same ammount of time of use.Everything in its enviroment is the same as it were since I purchased it new locatoon,lights,electrical.So there is aobvious problem and I was wondering where I would find the info on what it will need replace to make it work like it did rightout of the box?I liked the system before this.I cannot run trains .It works when it wants to only.I. can fix it myself if. I have the part that it needs that causes this issue over time

the Bach-man

Dear Guy,
Check your batteries, clean your track, and clean and lube your locos.
If this doesn't help, call service.
Happy Fourth!
the Bah-man

tiz

Hi,

I have Dynamis for many years. I ordered one from UK store because they had, at the time, good deals selling Dynamis what was included in some train sets. Power Supply was universal just with the UK mains plug. After few days I noticed that my communication is not working, or working when it wants. I checked the house lights, changed bulbs, different AC sockets at different rooms. Always the same. Then I oppened the electronic unit. Everything looked good. I wanted to check the DC outputs and maybe add some capacitors. I didn't see any significant change in communication. When unit was open, I made some short with my scope probe and my Dynamis was dead. I was suspecting that maybe Power Supply is problem, then ordered another Dynamis unit from UK. Soon I have found that the second unit is working the same. I tried on this forum to see if somebody knows the problem, but, at that time it was unknown why Dynamis is behaving like this. My background is electronics, then I decided to go on the next step- If it is not hand unit ( I had two), not the electronics unit, then different power supply will help, maybe. On local surplus store, here in Toronto, I found the nice power supply used for some medical equipment, same voltage and same current ( current could be highier) as the original one. I changed the power jack ( cut and solder original one) and connected. Bingo- for a 5 years not a single communication problem! I suppose that UK and USA power supplies are the same ( you just get the different plug), then this solution probably will work for all Dynamis controllers, at least worked for me. Hope that helps,

Regards from Canada, Zdenko Grgic, Toronto