discontinued locomotives

Started by sedfred, July 06, 2015, 07:02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

electrical whiz kid

Jim;
I believe it went:  You have to know when to hold 'em :P
know when to fold 'em;
know when to walk away;
And know when to.............would you like to finish ;D?

RIch C. ;D :)

thewizard

Quote from: jbrock27 on July 08, 2015, 07:03:27 AM

Quote from: thewizard on July 07, 2015, 10:17:55 PM
The last "new in box" item I got was a passenger car with after-market couplers, custom decals, and a scruffed roof.

I can tell when looking at something in it's box, if it has been modified (this is where having done your research helps you).  If I can't see or tell, I ask (see above point).  I don't get my answer, I move on.  Wiz could you not tell from the pics there had been mods done?  Did you ask any questions before buying/bidding?

It was a pretty cheap car, and I simply read the "new" condition that it was listed as. I didn't think a "new" car could be so... used.

jbrock27

Quote from: electrical whiz kid on July 08, 2015, 04:45:08 PM
Jim;
I believe it went...

Perhaps it did Rich, but I was not looking to recite the whole refrain, only those portions that were germaine to the current discussion.  So, how about the answer to my question to you, are you saying that despite the circumstance you described, you still ended up getting ripped off?

Quote from: thewizard on July 08, 2015, 06:40:12 PM
It was a pretty cheap car, and I simply read the "new" condition that it was listed as.

Wiz, I am sorry, it is not my intent to offend, but that's on you for not performing your due diligence.  See prior references to research, viewing pictures, asking questions.  Reminds me a little of the guy who came on here a year or so ago, complaining about buying a New Bachmann SD40-2  from AMAZON that he thought was DCC equipped for $45, when it was not.  All he had to do was read the 2 Reivews first that said the loco was NOT DCC equipped and he could have saved himself the grief.   I am sure he saw the price and all he  thought about, was "what a steal!." He did not invest the time to read and research and as result...

I will add that Ebay is not for the assuming or naive.
Keep Calm and Carry On

Bucksco

This thread seems to have run it's course. It has now degraded into a discussion of the pros and cons of an online auction site, so.....