News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Big Boy 4004

Started by punkin, July 08, 2015, 10:30:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NarrowMinded

Mickeykelly,

Im sure tbe one your talking about was 4014 which sat at the Los Angeles county fair grounds in Pamona Ca.

They just moved it to the steam shop. It was towed there, the rebuilding they did in Pamona on site before th  move was to get it track worthy by servicing the bearings and brake system.

I have pictures of my kids in the cab, the fire box on that thing is as large as the inside of a 16 seat passenger van.

Nm-Jeff

Ray Dunakin

Quote from: mickeykelley on July 12, 2015, 11:43:51 AM
There was one in action just recently. It was moved from somewhere to the UP rebuild place. I don't remember if it was under its own power or just being towed. I'm sure others will chime in with the specifics. Wish I could have gone to see it moving.

Yes, that was the 4014 being towed to Wyoming for restoration. It'll be a few years yet before we get to see it running under its own power -- but well worth the wait! I sure never expected to see a Big Boy "under steam" in my lifetime!
Visit www.raydunakin.com for photos, step-by-step articles and other information about the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!