Bachmann Gordon conversion to Class C1 4-4-2 GNR Ivatt Class locomotive

Started by JLK2707, July 17, 2015, 08:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JLK2707

I am just wondering how the Bachmann Gordon can be successfully converted into a GNR Ivatt Class C1 Atlantic 4-4-2 locomotive. Can anybody please help me with this as I am wanting to make a pre-kipper Henry with the 4-4-2 wheel alignment as the rev w Awdry wanted him to be. :)

MilwaukeeRoadfan261

It would not be easy unless you found two driving axles of the correct spacing and size (with side rods of course) and have a lot of skill in heavily modifying the chassis of a model train, in this case Gordon. As for the engine shell, I would recommend just using Bachmann's shell for Henry and modifying the firebox by cutting the firebox from the Henry shell and the firebox from the Gordon shell and glue Gordon's firebox onto Henry's body and running plate and using plastic putty to fill in the gaps and sand that smooth when dried and cured and repaint. and follow that up with mounting the modified Henry shell to the modified Gordon frame with wheels painted green to match Henry's boiler. Mounting shell to frame should be the easiest part as Gordon and Henry share a Chassis. It's just modifying the Chassis is what would give people the most difficulty.