News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Big hauler truss rods

Started by tomplatten, July 20, 2015, 02:20:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomplatten

C' mon guys--there must be someone out there in Bachmann land who has a couple of truss rods from a Big hauler freight car they could sell me!

Chuck N

I tried on MLS, sorry you didn't like the suggestion.

I hope you can get an solution to your problem.

Chuck :)

tomplatten

Chuck--I appreciate your help--really! It is my opinion that Big Hauler Trains have been around for 25 years. You can't tell me Bachmann has not accumulated freight and passenger car parts over the years-just like you and I do with our "junk boxes". They should have someone salvaging parts off broken cars and putting them in bins so they can send them out to customers who have parts that break off their cars. They should also make sure the folks who man the phones are able to speak understandable English---just MHO! I am 71 years old--been "playing" with trains since 1949 and I am tried of scrounging to try to keep my trains intact!!!!

Chuck N

Tom

While it might be a good idea for us, I think that it would be too expensive for a company to stockpile used parts.  The potential return would be minimal at best.  Sending someone out to find the correct part would cost more than the part.

I've got you beat.  I got my first train, a Lionel, in December of 1940 when I was 6 months old.  And trains have been a part of my life ever since.

Chuck

Loco Bill Canelos

Tom,  I have had success getting parts using EBay.   I do a search on the part I want and save it using the option to receive emails when a hit shows up on my search.  It has worked very well.

You may also want to consider buying a parts car or two either from a local swap meet or off of Ebay.  That is what I do, now when I need a part I just go to my Bachmann Parts Box and get what I need.

If after a time the above advice does not work for you email me. 

Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!