How to post a photo on the Bachmann Froum using Photobucket

Started by Loco Bill Canelos, July 21, 2015, 07:23:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunt

Chuck,
I apparently some people have no clue of the existence of the Insert Image button on the Bachmann site or the different ways it can successfully be used with a photo/image hosting site.  Note the Loco Bill Canelos' procedure attempts to help those people using Photobucket without using the Insert Image button.

Yardmaster... Again, suggest all replies in this thread be deleted.

Chuck N

Why delete my post?  I'm offering an easy solution.

Chuck

charon

Mesquite Short Line

Chuck N

I've never seen an echo on this site before.  Even if the return got changed a little.

Chuck

Hunt

Chuck & Chuck
I suggested the deletions as all replies sidetrack what Bill intended. He is showing how to post a photo/image using Photobucket without using the Bachmann Board Insert Image button.

Bill's procedure works and should be simple for most folks to follow but with a drawback - the photo/image is clickable. Clicking on the photo/image inserted in your post opens and displays your Photobucket account providing access to your other photos/images.

What I do (which I did not detail in this thread) can be used with or without the Bachmann Board Insert Image button and the photo/image is not clickable.

Chuck N

My thought is that if people are having a problem, any suggestions that work should be appropriate.  If that violates the rules of the site, then I'm guilty.  Otherwise, I'll offer my suggestions when I can.

As we have seen many times, there are usually many solutions to a problem. All can be applicable to the question.  It is just which one answers the question best for the individual who posed it in the first place. 

Chuck N

Hunt

Quote from: Chuck N on July 26, 2015, 09:31:26 PM
My thought is that if people are having a problem, any suggestions that work should be appropriate.  If that violates the rules of the site, then I'm guilty.  Otherwise, I'll offer my suggestions when I can.

As we have seen many times, there are usually many solutions to a problem. All can be applicable to the question.  It is just which one answers the question best for the individual who posed it in the first place. 

Chuck N

This thread was not started with a question but a solution.

Moreover, to me, another solution using My Large Scale does not seem appropriate here considering the anti-Bachmann content of MSL.

Loco Bill Canelos

Hello all,

Hunt is correct about my original picture in the first post being clickable.   This is something that is not a problem to me since the photobucket account I use is strictly for train photos which I have posted at one time or another or thought about posting.  Please feel free to click on it and look at all the photos in my account.   If you have questions about any of my other photos please post a new thread asking about themabout them.

If your photobucket account has photos you do not wish to share, it is best you do not use my method. I suggest starting a separate photobucket account for posting your train photos here on the forum or possible elsewhere.
I apologize for failing to mention that when I originally posted the procedure, since I had forgotten about it.

I will post a correction to my original post.

Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!