2nd Annual Lycoming (Pennsylvania) Annual Summer Meet (07/25/2015)

Started by John Tumolo, July 26, 2015, 05:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Tumolo

I had the privilage of attending the Lycoming On30 2nd Annual Summer Meet Saturday.
I'm so glad I was able to make the show-my job has me working 6 days a week, third shift, so I am fortunate to have a VERY understanding wife willing to let me sleep in the car for 2 1/2 hours after work while she drove to the meet.  They don't have a website, but you can find them on Facebook under Lycoming On30 Summer Meet.

Very nice show-great location and good food, too.  A nice group of On30 people along with some of our greatest supporters-John Wiegel (Peterboro Rail), Geren Mortensen (Dead Rail Group), Star Hobby, along with several new (to me, anyway) manufacturers that supply the hobby, especially Newell Sage at Pattaconk Railway and Navigation Company, a decal and logo designer with some really nice ideas for us all.  newell.sage@att.net   

They had several clinics run by a great custom weathering guy named Peter Gray and his friend (whose name unfortunately escapes me) who just amazed the group with their simple, inexpensive tricks to weathering rolling stock and buildings.  They would take a simple, inexpensive plastic kit and turn it into what looked like a scratch built beauty.  Great stuff.

There was a nice modular layout showing off the Dead Rail Society self-contained method of operation, and a neat portable layout (it folds in half and fits into a normal car trunk!) built by Geren.  That guy continues to amaze.................

One other cool set up at the show was a custom shirt printer, two great ladies that would design and print a shirt for you while you were at the show.  They call themselves "A Hot Graphic", and you really had to see the nice work they came up with.  What a great idea!  ahotgraphic@comcast.net

Here's hoping they do this show again NEXT year-well worth the drive!!!

John Tumolo  Britcarfan@aol.com