News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Fun Project

Started by MrMoose, July 22, 2015, 07:14:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrMoose

Hey everyone,
I'm starting a little fun Project. I bought a Thomas Ho locomotive...(everyone has one right?). LOL
Well I'm going to install a steam sound decoder into it. I think it will have room for a small decoder and speaker.
And I will install led's for front and rear lights. Just something to do to breakup the normal Railroading stuff.
Thats it, Later (Oh I did post this in the Ho section thought it would be better to post it here.)

MrMoose

I have Thomas all wired up for the sound decoder, just waiting for it to get here.
I wll be installing the new Soundtraxx Ecosunami steam version.
And using a zimo speaker. I tested the hookup with a NCE decoder and the lights and motor control works fine.

Hunt

Soundtraxx Ecosunami [sic]

SoundTraxx Econami

The Econami is a new family of sound decoders with different features set than a SoundTraxx Tsuanmi.

MrMoose

The Econami decoder came today so I swapped it for the MRC and boy what a different
Runs real good at slow speed and it had a high pitched whistle that sound good for the little guy.
I don't have a camera or camcorder with sound so I can't post a video of it running. Need to invest in one I guess.
Thats it for now.
Happy Railroading.
MrMoose

thomasj219

Awesome man! Glad it worked out! Hope we can see it soon.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

Br 98.75

I have started using Esu, there is a nice guy that sold me one with thomas actually talking on it, gave it to my friends kid as a birthday present