News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Mr. Bachmann

Started by tommy4u2, November 09, 2007, 01:47:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tommy4u2

I have noticed in the photo gallery that when you make a layout useing ez track that you have painted the track and then used ballast over it, can you explain how and what materials you are useing to accomplish this look
I like the finished look and would like to use it in my layout
After starting with flex track and laying down about 60 feet of track I can see the flex track is going to be a problem for me so I am going to tear it all off and start over using ez track I feel its going to be more reliable in the long run, alot of my layout is going to be in tunnels so I need something dependable and I am just not getting it with the flex track any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated 
As always
Thank You in Advance
Tommy

My Daddy told me along time ago if you cant say something nice to  someone don't say anything at all

SteamGene

Flex track is far cheaper and "flexible" than Ez-track.  What seems to be your problem with it? 
Use a rust colored paint to paint the SIDES of the rails.  No matter if you use brush or spray, wipe the top of the rails with a rag to get rid of any paint that may have gotten on the top.  Woodland Scenic ballast is a good ballast for most purposes.  You can use diluted Elmer's glue with a bit of detergent added as the adhesive.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

the Bach-man

Dear Tommy,
I used EZ Track, which I secured to the foam base with hot glue. I first soldered the joints, as I planned to use spray paint. I then painted it with flat brown paint, with a line of black down the center. I used Woodland Scenics ballast and white glue for the ballasting, being careful not to glue ballast into the switches.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

tommy4u2

Thanks for the info and with your permisson I am going to do my layout the same way, As I said earlier i have already layed down about 50 or 60 feet of flex track and just not happy with it, I dont blame the track its my inexperiance of working with flex track. plus the fact that when i broke my back a year ago its hard for me to bend and climb on the table plus to top it all off my eyes are going from diabetes and I think the eztrack will help keep the radius true any way thanks for the info
tommy
My Daddy told me along time ago if you cant say something nice to  someone don't say anything at all