38 Ton Two-Truck Shay DC wiring Assembly schematics

Started by Schweinebacke, August 09, 2015, 09:56:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schweinebacke

Hi all together,
I want to upgrade my Shay with a DCC decoder. Before simply cutting all wires, i would prefer to use as much as possible of the wires by knowing their "direction / function".

I need the schematics of the G811X-PCB01

Seems to be I have an old version of the Shay, at Bachmann I find only the newer Version ready for download. (G821X-PCB01). However the actual wiring of my Shay is complete different. E.g. almost no color coding (mostly red and black plus 2 white an done yellow cable).

Maybe someone can help me ?

Regards from Bavaria   :)

Sincerely
Juergen

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi Group,

I also need the schematic. My 38 ton Shay has a burned out board in the tender, and I would like to rewire it for battery power, by gutting the tender board.

Can anyone help Jurgen and I??

Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

mickeykelley

I've got the Bachmann exploded diagrams for them on PDF and as I recall there was a wiring diagram. I'll look tomorrow and figure out how to post it. Or pm me with email and I'll send it to y'all.

Mickey

mickeykelley

I also found it where I originally did on this site. If you go to the parts and info up you can see them all

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/references.php

But here is the link directly to it

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/dwg/dwgs/LARGE_SCALE_38-TON_2-TRUCK_SHAY.pdf

Loco Bill Canelos

Mickey,

Call me embarassed :P :D.  C n't believe I failed to check the diagrams list!

Thanks for being so kind.

Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

mickeykelley

Hey, we've all done it. Not a big deal. You and others have helped me in the past with your knowledge, suggestions, etc. so this is some of my way to try to give back in a small way. And it turned out easier than figuring out how to post the pic. This is what forums are for, IMHO.