News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Building a "Mike".

Started by electrical whiz kid, August 07, 2015, 08:31:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogertra

I complained to Wiki and they've removed my photo.  :)

Cheers

Roger T.

ryeguyisme

Quote from: doctorwayne on August 13, 2015, 01:28:03 PM
I had my photos in a free account at photobucket, and a couple of years ago began using-up my allotted monthly bandwidth in less than two weeks.  This meant that for the remainder of those months, my photos were not viewable at all by others.  This was especially inconvenient when many of those photos were posted in how-to-do-it threads, which, without illustrations, became useless.
After some back-and-forth, I finally got some statistics from photobucket that showed where the bandwidth was being used - much was in forums such as this, but a surprisingly large amount was due to google searches.  My options were to either quit posting pictures or spring for a paid photobucket account, the latter which I somewhat reluctantly did.

Wayne

Ahhh so it could be a double edged sword

and so far I just use facebook as sort of a blog for stuff I do: https://www.facebook.com/ryeguylocomotiveworks

though I doubt my photos will be lost there. I have a ton of photos uploaded on facebook of projects, a lot of stuff I haven't uploaded here, but I use facebook as a means of sharing the stuff, and most pictures I post here now are from facebook.

jbrock27

Quote from: ryeguyisme on August 15, 2015, 12:42:27 PM
I just use facebook as sort of a blog for stuff

Thanks ryeguy, but too bad for me, I don't do Facebook.
Keep Calm and Carry On

electrical whiz kid

Hey Rye;
I got a look at that Mikado you have on Facebook.  Nice job.
RIch C.

ryeguyisme

Quote from: jbrock27 on August 17, 2015, 12:55:51 PM
Quote from: ryeguyisme on August 15, 2015, 12:42:27 PM
I just use facebook as sort of a blog for stuff

Thanks ryeguy, but too bad for me, I don't do Facebook.

you don't need an account to view it all

ryeguyisme

Quote from: electrical whiz kid on August 17, 2015, 09:44:56 PM
Hey Rye;
I got a look at that Mikado you have on Facebook.  Nice job.
RIch C.

Which one the K-37 or the Modernized K-63? ;D

Thanks Rich!  :D

jbrock27

Quote from: ryeguyisme on August 18, 2015, 11:15:33 PM
you don't need an account to view it all

Thanks.  Was not sure I had to pass any tests or be friended or climb Mt. Doom to have access :D  I will check it out then as RichC did.
Keep Calm and Carry On

electrical whiz kid

Jim;
Where is "Mt. Doom"?  Is it really high?  can anyone clime up it?  will it take code 70 rail?  and lastly, How can we get there from mid town?

Rich C.

rogertra

Quote from: electrical whiz kid on August 19, 2015, 05:06:41 PM
Jim;
Where is "Mt. Doom"?  Is it really high?  can anyone clime up it?  will it take code 70 rail?  and lastly, How can we get there from mid town?

Rich C.

Mt. Doom is located in the north-west of the Black Land of Mordor and close to Barad-dûr.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Roger T.

jbrock27

Thank you for cluing Rich in, Roger  ;)

Rich, there is a back way to get there.  Would you like me to tell you about it?
Keep Calm and Carry On

electrical whiz kid

Uh-no...  I don't think so...

Rich C. ??? ???

jbrock27

Keep Calm and Carry On

Jhanecker2

Jbrock 27 :  did they ever get rid of the Orcs ?

jbrock27

Most were eventually killed.  Those that survived, went into hiding in deep places. ;)
Keep Calm and Carry On

electrical whiz kid

In deep places already?  Jim; did the orcs mind you being in there with them?
Actually, to a much more better venue:  Got the new compressor wedged into the hole in the fireman's side walk way.  It looks good.  Now, I am deliberating the how and where I am going to install a central screw to hold the bod don nice and snug.  Rather than replace the gawky sand dome, I simply (??) sawed off the top portion, cut down the remainder, and, after I make some provisions for that long screw to screw into a nut, and install the plugs for the light circuit, I can slap the body onto the frame.
RIch C.