Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Old train cars

Started by tinky, August 07, 2015, 04:41:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tinky

My son was given these trains and I have a very old burlington engine

jbrock27

Which trains?  Do you mean freight cars?  What make engine?  Do you have a question or are you simply sharing this news?
Keep Calm and Carry On

WoundedBear

Lemme guess........you want to know what it's all worth?  ::) ;D

Sid

tinky

I am not sure what I have here. My son was given these trains by our neighbor after her husband  passed away about 20 yrs ago

jbrock27

Post pictures here if your getting some identification assistance, is what you are after.

PS: underside pics help the most.
Keep Calm and Carry On

tinky

I will have to have my son post the pics...Maybe it's a good thing I didn't throw them away! I am sure they are old.

rogertra

Quote from: tinky on August 07, 2015, 05:22:12 PM
I will have to have my son post the pics...Maybe it's a good thing I didn't throw them away! I am sure they are old.

If you are looking for a value, if they are post WWII and made of plastic, don't expect much.  There's little to no value on post WWII "toy trains". If they are brass and possible pre WWII, then there may some value, in the hundreds of dollars for locomotives but don't expect to be able to retire on what they are worth.

Cheers

Roger T.

Chuck N

Measure he back to back distance between the wheels on an axle.  That will tell us the gauge/scale of the train.  Which is a start.

Chuck

richardl

The picture did not show up. Get a photo bucket account for posting pictures here.

Instructions below.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,30172.msg223475.html#new

Are these Bachmann trains?

Rich