News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New product announcements at NMRA convention

Started by Bill Miller, August 15, 2015, 04:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Miller

Are we going to see some newly announced product at the NMRA convention next week or is what's in the catalog it for the rest of the year????

Bill Miller

Bucksco

Bachmann always announces new products at the NMRA National Convention.

Bill Miller

So what day this week will we see those newly announced items and their part numbers posted here ,  so we can get our orders it????

Bill Miller

jonathan

The National Train Show, in conjunction with the NMRA Convention, starts on Friday the 28th. Last year, that was the day the new products were unveiled to the public.

This seems to be the routine for the convention/show. 

Perhaps there will finally be a shipped production model of the USRA Mike... along with a few new goodies...  Anticipating...  8)

Regards,

Jonathan

ebtnut

Earlier on, the Bach-man said the Mikes were due out this fall, so I would anticipate seeing production versions at the train show.  I'm not going to Portland this year, so I'll have to depend on the forum for announcing the new goodies. 

BaltoOhioRRfan

Quote from: jonathan on August 25, 2015, 12:26:43 PM
The National Train Show, in conjunction with the NMRA Convention, starts on Friday the 28th. Last year, that was the day the new products were unveiled to the public.

This seems to be the routine for the convention/show. 

Perhaps there will finally be a shipped production model of the USRA Mike... along with a few new goodies...  Anticipating...  8)

Regards,

Jonathan

Bachmann has a video of the new mikado on their facebook page, it might also be on their youtube page if they still have it.
Emily C.
BaltoOhioRRFan
B&O - America's #1 Railroad.

My Collection on FB - https://www.facebook.com/EmilysModelRailroad
My Collection on YouTube = https://www.youtube.com/user/BORRF

jonathan

Well, we have one more day to wait until the big reveal from Bachmann and the other manufactures. I am eager.  For some reason I get way too excited about this sort of thing.  So I, and perhaps others, need a distraction to kill time.  Here's my contribution:

I recently completed a craftsman kit, which was a bit more challenging than usual... a flat kit where one must assemble the box, as well as detail the rest of the car.  Making is square and "normal" looking made me a bit nervous.  Anyway, here it is:

Anyone else want to add a few pix to kill time? Or was this a bad idea?   :P

Regards,

Jonathan

ebtnut

jonathan:  Great work as always.  And no, it's never a bad idea.  Kind of interesting prototype with what looks like a round roof.  Whose kit, if I may ask?

jonathan

Thanks ebt.

It's an F&C kit of a 1938 welded boxcar (PS-0). Many lasted into the 1970s.

Regards,

Jonathan

ryeguyisme

Been making resin castings for kitbashing use :)

Like filling the dome gap on the Bachmann 2-8-0 and changing the smokebox door.

All I can tell you is that creativity on my end has exploded.

J3a-614

Great work as always, Jonathan and Rye! 

And yes, in my  opinion a decent way to pass the time until we see what's new.

Me, although a fan of big, modern steam, am looking forward to what I hope will be a well improved operationally and visually 19th century 4-4-0. . .

jonathan

Thanks, J3a!

Here's the 2015 announcement flyer:

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/docs/NMRA_2015_ANNOUNCEMENTS.pdf

It's now in the "What's New" tab on the Bachmann homepage.

All those folks who have been begging for more 4-6-0s should be pleased as punch.

Still hoping some brave soul will shoot some photos at the train show today, and upload 'em for us to drool over.

Regards,

Jonathan

davidone

Is the EZ app ready to download yet ? Can't seem to find it in the App Store .