Let's get out the vote for a new two truck Shay!

Started by shayman, November 08, 2007, 09:24:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomcat

Folks, there are rumours (just heard from a Friend on the phone who got word about this from the PSC people) that PSC/MMI will bring out the West Side No. 14 and 15 and probably as well the No. 7 and 8 Three Truck Shays.

Well, PSC did them in Brass some years ago, didn´t they.
Estimated price as I had heard: 675 bucks, oh boy - that´s a lot!

But no reason to stop bringing us a affordable, more modern Shay, Bachmann. You can do this, we deserve one (and a Heisler, though...)

Cheers, folks.
Happy Logging!

Tom ;) ;) ;)

Hamish K

Quote from: Tomcat on November 13, 2007, 02:55:50 PM
Folks, there are rumours (just heard from a Friend on the phone who got word about this from the PSC people) that PSC/MMI will bring out the West Side No. 14 and 15 and probably as well the No. 7 and 8 Three Truck Shays.

These are shown on the PCS/MMI website so it is not just rumour.

To my mind it re-enforces the idea that Bachmann's next ON30 geared loco, and possibly their next ON30  loco, will be a Heisler. I doubt that they will want to duplicate models, although MMI are in a different price bracket. A new two truck Shay is still a possibility, but I suspect that they would until well after the MMI 3 truck was out so as not to have too many competing Shays.

Incidently the West Side Shays #14 and #15 are reasonably similar to the Baden Copper (Chile) 3 truck Shays, which were 30 inch gauge locos.

Hamish

Jeff in NJ

Personally I'd like to see a 2-6-2 or a 4-6-0 before another Shay. A 2-6-2 like the #26 at Allaire State Park in NJ would be perfect.

aussie30inch

Hi
Yes put me down for a new shay, a nice medium size shay two or three cylinder would be great.The T boiler was great but we it is in need of a bigger brother . How about it Mr Bachmann maybe a Christmas presant for 2008?
Happy modelling
Geoff
aussie30inch ;D

ossygobbin