Let's get out the vote for a new two truck Shay!

Started by shayman, November 08, 2007, 09:24:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shayman

::) :P :-*
Let's get to it all you loggers out there!
  First of all lets thank Bachmann for job well done . I have really enjoyed my On30 equipment, and yes tomorrow. Will start putting in my first section of bench work down one wall, it is of the module design. I am planning to take pictures along the way to keep you all posted. We are changing the name of the RR. from Deep Creek Lumber CO. To the new Deep Creek Company because we found coal on our land holdings which will help out with company revenue. So I will busy lettering the equipment D.C.C., and just how did that come about. Well I love DCC control, enough said.
Now I need some new power from Bachmann are you listen out there.

How about turning on the shrink machine. Thanks for everything. shayman
Logging up Deep Creek

japasha

ebtnut

I for one would love to see that Shay in On30.  I like the little T-boiler job, but it isn't "mainstream".  A 25-30 ton 3-cylinder job would fit in for a lot of logging roads.  Hey, Mr. Bachmann--if you do decide to do it, can you do it in both On30 and O standard gauge?  Since you now have the Williams line in the tent?

The Old Fardt

Ah yes another Shay being a little more larger would be nice but let us not forget the ever elusive Heisler...
Cheers, TOF

Tomcat

Hi there Shayman, hi there Logging folk !

Definitely agree - would be time for another more modern Type of Shay, slightly a bit bigger than the ol´T-Boiler one. And with a Option for a 3-Truck, why not?

Well, if one asked me -  I would vote for something like the G-Scale Shay or, one of the Mich-Cal Engines, let´s say No8, 10 or 12...

Of course Bach-man: Don´t forget about the Heisler, we may deserve one, don´t we? But a more chunky Shay would be pretty cool...

Kind regards, Tom

Hamish K

I agree a larger 2 truck Shay would be nice but I would expect the order to be a Heisler and then a 3 truck Shay before another 2 truck, simply because no versions have been done.

Protoype 30 inch gauge 2 truck Shays were made up to about 42 tons and 30 inch gauge 3 truck Shays up to about 60 tons, so there is plenty of choice for models that would appeal to both those modelling 3 foot and those modelling 30 inch gauge roads.

Hamish

ASIANLIFE

I wonder how technically difficult it would be to make a three- truck that can be altered/amended into a two- truck as a designed option. That would increase sales potential dramatically.

The aftermarket already produces a third truck for the Climax, but as the mechanism is hidden, the lack of shaft connectivity is not an issue.

The drive shaft on the Shay is obviously more visible.

max (uk)

Yay for a new Shay! Mind you i would like a hiesler aswell.  ;)

rdftrain

I have wanted the larger shay ever since I started in On30. Lets add more votes I'll buy 3.

finderskeepers

Sure, I'll go for a two or three truck shay, 28 tons or larger, and for sure a heisler of the same size!

shayman

To All
I am doing good and filling better than the last two years, it could be said that is due to being for now off the medicine. Just ran some more test and waiting on the doctors to look at them. Should hear something next week.
Good news is that I have finally came up with a track plan for Deep Creek logging RR, and started putting in the bench work, will post some pictures later. Now for some RR. talk!
I am a good shay person, but I could really go for a Heisler also. Maybe one like this.

For those that would like a tree truck shay, me too! But a nice two trucker would still help a lot.
  Happy Railroading
Shayman ( building at last Deep Creek Logging CO.)

Logging up Deep Creek

kendoitall

Bachmann has a shay. So more than anything, we need another shay. Right

Ken
Standards? STANDARDS? We don't need no stinking standards!

shayman

I feel that we could use a upgrade Shay, plus a Heisler. they gave us a nice Climax. Look at what Wiseman did with the shay from Bachmann. it would not take much to come up with changes in what they all ready have.
  The Climax with the two different cab styles makes them look completely different, and that's a winner in anyone's book.
  Now look at my poor over worked shay.

Then the competitor
Logging up Deep Creek

max (uk)

A hiesler would be great, although i dont like the outside frames on that G scale one.

Also if Bachmann made a bigger shay they could make it into a 3 truck like they did with the G scale ones.

kevin2083

______
|_____|
0|||||0   
||'-#'||