STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 20, 2018, 08:21:14 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  Bachmann Thomas & Friends in 2019
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] Print
Author Topic: Bachmann Thomas & Friends in 2019  (Read 20765 times)
Rodimus Supreme

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: October 10, 2018, 06:03:24 PM »

As to this question of who Id want despite limitations or such, Id obviously want Daisy and/or Stepney for Standard Gauge and Peter Sam and/or Sir Handel for Narrow Gauge. But Id like to throw some odd ball answers in there, since were ignoring any limitations and such:

Standard Gauge:
Boco. Hes a classic, if Bachmann were to just say Heck with it, were making Boco, then hed 100% be classic model series based, and I wouldnt have to make one myself if they release him.  Cheesy

The Flying Scotsman. I feel like hes such a popular character in general, and in real life, that hed sell pretty dang well. Im not too worried about whether hes Railway Series accurate or CGI Series accurate. I would mention the Model Series, but that would just be his tenders. Actually, I probably wouldnt want them to base anything off of his tenders Model Series appearance, as they messed up and accidentally gave him two coal tenders. I know the look he has in the show currently isnt accurate to any particular look The Flying Scotsman has had, all because of him having both double tenders and smoke deflectors at once, but i think he still looks pretty good in the CGI Series.

Narrow Gauge:
Smudger. Hes a simple recolor of Rheneas, and Id like to have a Smudger doing odd jobs around a layout, if I had one. Also, my favorite color is green, so that helps. Cheesy

Fearless Freddie. Hes got an interesting looking basis, might be used by non-Thomas collectors and modellers to modify into his basis, and hed just look great running around a layout pulling extra trains, or even used as a shutter around a yard or perhaps another Sodor location (perhaps that Wharf from the late Model Series that has both Standard Gauge and Narrow Gauge tracks).
TrainCollector

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 12, 2018, 02:14:08 AM »

I havent commented in almost a year. Heres what I want to see in 2019.

HO Scale:

BoCo: definitely a long shot but I just thought Id put him out there. BoCo is one of my personal favorites. I would love to see BoCo in HO scale because of his size and ability to pull heavy goods trains.

Flying Scotsman: a bit of a long shot but I think hed be a good character. Yeah his tv series counterpart may not be accurate but I think hed sell very well and Bachmann would make tons of profit off of this model.

James express coach and brake coach: highly likely we will see these come out next year if these are announced I will not be suprised.

Troublesome Truck #6: same as above very likely to be announced.

Narrow Gauge:

Sir Handle: my friend Jack goes on and on about Sir Handle not being made. I really hope we get Sir Handle just because hes a popular character and he along with Peter Sam are in high demand.

Well thats my list hope I get a response.
Streak

Hello, glad to be here! "Ew Aw Few Few"

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 12, 2018, 10:20:50 AM »

Good lists you two. Really good choices. BoCo, while a long shot, would be pretty cool in Bachmann. While I'm not a big fan of BoCo as a character (I've warmed up to him overtime), a model of him would look very nice and he is one of the few OG classic characters yet to get in. Although I think Daisy and Stepney have a better chance in 2019, BoCo would be cool further down the line. Especially if he gets into CGI sometime soon.

Flying Scotsman would be a great model for Bachmann to make. I know many people don't like Scotsman's CGI design but I like the fact that it's a combination of both his major designs. That's why he's got smoke deflectors AND two tenders at the same time.While historically inaccurate, it's a-OK in my book. The only hurdle I see is that Flying Scotsman is so big and long. With two tenders he might be more expensive than a possible Bachmann Daisy, BoCo, Hiro, or Rebecca. He is relevant enough to warrant the expense but it's a tough call to make.

James' Express Coaches would be good to see come back as well as getting a Troublesome Truck 6. Although I have to ask... What do you want T. Truck 6 to be? A tanker? A goods van?

Smudger and Freddie are strange choices indeed but they would be cool. Freddie would have a unique color and basis. Since I doubt Bachmann would ever make Ivo Hugh for the HOn30 range, Freddie is top candidate for Skarloey Railway's #7. (I'd actually like to see Freddie come back in CGI some day, not before Duke of course). I find it funny that Rheneas has two possible recolors they could do for him: Smudger and Yellow Rheneas. Smudger would be much better though. I have a feeling that if the HOn30 range ever gets to the point where they've run out of characters with original basis to do, they would do recolor characters like Smudger, Bertram, and Proteus.

Finally, Sir Handel. According to this board, Sir Handel and Peter Sam are the most wanted and most likely narrow gauge engines. However, with Sir Haydn being overhauled and his blueprints unavailable, Peter Sam is the more likely of the two. I would really Sir Handel to be made though.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 07:13:17 PM by Streak » Logged
TrainMan2001
This set seems awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 12, 2018, 07:59:39 PM »

Would anyone want Bachmann to release separate HOn30 couplings as an accessory? I have heard that the Peco wagons have more of an uncoupling problem than the Bachmann wagons, and, looking at the couplings, the pin that the loop goes around is more pronounced on the Bachmann couplings than the Peco couplings. I was thinking that that might be why, and, since all of the rolling stock released so far has NEM couplings, people would be able to replace the Peco couplings with the Bachmann ones. What do you guys think?

Bachmann trains are awesome.
Rodimus Supreme

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 12, 2018, 08:32:02 PM »

However, with Sir Haydn being overhauled and his blueprints unavailable, Peter Sam is the more likely of the two.
Im pretty sure Sir Haydns rebuild has been completed, right?
shining time

long live the narrow gauge railway

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 18, 2018, 09:50:06 AM »

However, with Sir Haydn being overhauled and his blueprints unavailable, Peter Sam is the more likely of the two.
Im pretty sure Sir Haydns rebuild has been completed, right?
Yes his rebuild was finished back in April/May of this year as i followed some of the progress via twitter

long live the GWR, LNER, and the narrow gauge railways
TrainMan2001
This set seems awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 18, 2018, 11:09:05 AM »

I wouldn't mind Sir Handel before Peter Sam, but either way, I would buy whoever the next model is.
On another note, I wouldn't mind Bachmann making more resin buildings if they included more narrow gauge buildings. My picks would be the double engine shed and Neptune Refreshments.

Bachmann trains are awesome.
Streak

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 18, 2018, 03:21:26 PM »

Yes his rebuild was finished back in April/May of this year as i followed some of the progress via twitter
Oh really?  Shocked I didn't hear about that. They could totally make Sir Handel now. But many people on this forum want Peter Sam first. Idk. Which ever one Bachmann chooses will be a welcome addition to the range. As long as it's either one of them and not Duncan.
Streak

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 19, 2018, 04:35:55 PM »

Seeing the new Large Scale tankers on display today has really got me thinking about the concept of rolling stock recolors. While I'd like more unique trucks in the future like flatbeds, the "Henry's Forest" plant trucks, ladle trucks, or even Jerome and Judy. I genuinely really like a lot of the rolling stock recolors that Bachmann makes every year. Personally I'd really like the Toffee, Chocolate Syrup, and Jam Tankers made as well as maybe some Chocolate Factory/Circus Vans and a Brown Mail Van.

What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 11:30:10 PM by Streak » Logged
angelob6660

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 19, 2018, 07:03:45 PM »

I'm looking forward if they make a brown mail van and box vans.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: Today at 03:40:14 PM »

I'm surprised no one else brought up the possibility of the toffee tanker and chocolate syrup tanker being made in HO, but at this point I think it is almost a given.  

I think the only range that will get any new rolling stock toolings would be the narrow gauge range which I expect to either be brake vans or tippers.  The best I can see happening rolling stock wise for the other two ranges would be Troublesome Truck #6 (with a classic design) for HO and the red coaches in large scale.  
« Last Edit: Today at 03:53:37 PM by Chaz » Logged
Streak

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: Today at 04:18:07 PM »

I'm surprised no one else brought up the possibility of the toffee tanker and chocolate syrup tanker being made in HO, but at this point I think it is almost a given.  

I think the only range that will get any new rolling stock toolings would be the narrow gauge range which I expect to either be brake vans or tippers.  The best I can see happening rolling stock wise for the other two ranges would be Troublesome Truck #6 (with a classic design) for HO and the red coaches in large scale.  

I think there is a possibility we may get new HO Scale rolling stock toolings eventually. I think there's still untapped potential there that Bachmann shouldn't sleep on. I would even be fine with different types of brake vans (particularly the orange one that shares Bradford's basis.) Any more rolling stock characters like Bradford, Henrietta (with a face), Old Slow Coach, Dexter, Hannah, Jerome & Judy, or maybe even Skiff the Railboat would be an instant buy from me.

The thing I love about the LS Toffee Tanker is how they didn't try to give it any unnessesary logos and such. It's completely accurate to the "Sticky Toffee Thomas" episode, all the way down to the black cap painted on top. The Toffee Tanker is something that you could just by 4 or 5 of and use them as generic tankers. That's what I love about it and why the Jam Tankers would be so cool for them to make. Even the Chocolate Syrup Tanker is cool. They removed the unrealistic green from the original Trackmaster model, making it look actually presentable. These tankers and the Lobster Refridgerator Van makes me hopeful that Bachmann will make more rolling stock like it (please make the Dieselworks Fuel Tanker from the Trackmaster line, Bachmann). Anxiously waiting for a possible release of the Toffee Tanker, CS Tanker, and that Large Scale Explosion Box Van from 2016 in HO Scale.
« Last Edit: Today at 05:03:04 PM by Streak » Logged
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: Today at 04:36:41 PM »

Funnily enough, Bradford and the orange CG brake van's basis is already made in Bachmann's branchline range so I could definitely see them using that, given that they used a branchline tooling for Toad.  

I could possibly see Hannah happening in large scale (and eventually HO) and that would only depend if Henrietta is also made in large scale and if Bachmann is willing to invest in an entirely new tooling for that range.  
« Last Edit: Today at 05:06:02 PM by Chaz » Logged
Streak

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: Today at 05:37:35 PM »

Interesting. I forgot that they used a Branchline range brake van for Toad. That brake van in that picture would be perfect. I'd imagine they'd make the orange CG one first (under the name Brake Van or Brake Van - Orange) and then they could release Bradford alongside an HO Samson (which I actually wouldn't be apposed to. Samson's a good character. Wink)

Hannah would be cool. I'd hope they'd revamp Henrietta with a face if they decided to make Hannah. If there's any new RS toolings for Large Scale I can see, it's Henrietta/Hannah, Red Branchline Coaches, and maybe the Mail Van.

Dexter would be cool in my opinion. "School of Duck" was one of the best episodes from S22 and Dexter was a cute little coach. They could simply reuse the Red Brake Coach but with a face. Million dollar question though. Would he stay red or would they paint him in his school colors like at the end of the episode (but with wheels)?

Old Slow Coach and especially Jerome and Judy would be on the expensive side but I think they're possible... maybe. I don't think they'll ever make Rocky. He'd just be too big. And I don't think they'll ever make Fred Pelhay and Rickety after canceling them before.

Skiff's also an oddball pick... but he's just so cute, I really want him. He'd be great with Duck, Oliver, and possibly Ryan if he's made.

Anyways, any rolling stock character would be pretty cool, I think 2019 will probably have Toffee & CS Tankers, rerelease of flatbed, T Truck #6 (classic van, tanker, or blue open wagon), and maybe hopefully red express, brown mail van, or Henrietta w/ face. That's my baseline prediction until someone brings up another possible pick.
« Last Edit: Today at 05:49:27 PM by Streak » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: