STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 25, 2018, 05:20:40 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  The Everything Thomas Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 Print
Author Topic: The Everything Thomas Thread  (Read 296105 times)
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: August 10, 2018, 02:55:53 PM »

Here we go again...

This is nothing new, they have had PDFs with missing products before, and it doesn't automatically mean that the product is canceled.  Oliver was missing in two PDFs in a row and he still got released in 2017, two years after he got announced.  Rusty actually has a price, unlike when the large scale Diesel was listed, and is up for preorder on a few shops already, again unlike the cancelled products.

Gordon's express coaches are done and have pictures and we know those are coming out too since they are basically finished, and yet no one questioned them and they aren't in the PDF either.  

Anyway it's nice to see release dates and prices on the rolling stock.  Seeing as how the narrow gauge coaches will probably be a new tooling, I expect that they will turn out great even though the price is a little steeper than I would have preferred.  
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 02:59:01 PM by Chaz » Logged
Griffin

View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: August 10, 2018, 06:28:44 PM »

I couldn't care less about the PDF. I'm just talking generally. Prompted by the PDF though.

Waiting for Bachmann Stepney...
shining time

long live the narrow gauge railway

View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: August 21, 2018, 08:46:34 PM »

posting here only because the old layout thread is buried
As a follow up to my post in the new acquisitions thread here's a video of the layout as of now

https://youtu.be/9bPcCEqMM9Q

long live the GWR, LNER, and the narrow gauge railways
HLC Railroad

Steam Locomotive Enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: August 24, 2018, 12:57:56 AM »

So for anyone who is looking for replacement Bachmann Thomas faces that look just like their Model Series counterparts, a guy who owns some casts of the originals has HO scale versions up for sale on shapeways.

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/ttte-shop

He's also got a few other things like lamps and buffers based off Marklin parts, so more accurate versions respectively. He's also got a Thomas replica complete, a Gordon replica in the pipeline, and he's looking into doing Diesel 10 next. If you want to check him out he's https://mobile.twitter.com/Diesel10TV on Twitter, https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC0EhYyhG2yLhTvhBFNbtCAg on YouTube.

He's also teaming up with another guy with James and Sir Handel replicas, along with some of their respective rolling stock. He's https://mobile.twitter.com/cudak888 on Twitter, https://m.youtube.com/user/cudak888 on YouTube where he has a series showing how he makes his replicas. Warning though, his James is only a body replica, he wants to make another one that's a 100% replica. He intends on renting out studio space and creating sets for their respective episodes soon, so that's really exciting.
Altogether great guys.

HLCR
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 04:04:54 PM by HLC Railroad » Logged

With all these people building their own replica Thomas characters, soon we may have no choice but to have 4K Thomas and Friends remakes.

Thomas:Done | James:Recently Complete | Sir Handel:Finished | Gordon: Needs Paint and Eye Mechanism | Henry: Cad and Chassis

Need I say more?
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: September 04, 2018, 11:38:27 PM »

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-ct-thomas-mattel-united-nations-20180904-story.html

ďFor us, this was quite daunting, because in the back of our minds we're thinking, 'This is a show for preschoolers, for 3-to-5-year-olds," he said. "So with some of this messaging, we will have to be careful about how we come across.ď

Well they already got that one wrong.

Bachmann, please do not do Nia and Rebecca.  They are not only becoming the most controversial and forced characters to enter the franchise, but they have left such a negative impact on the fandom, including the target audience and their parents, that it is turning them away from keeping up with the current show and leaving constant negative feedback as a result.
Sparks

View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: September 05, 2018, 12:42:27 AM »

At this point in time, making Nia and Rebecca would be an objective gamble and financial risk with little promise that the outcome would be beneficiary. It's best for Bachmann to wait a few years on those two.

If Bachmann wants those rich "hardcore collector" bucks they would make Stepney to fill in the gap that Hornby has left for years, and re-release the Flatbed With Paintdrums.  ...Which another of the latter sold on eBay recently for 217 dollars.

There's a stupidly huge demand for these things and to twiddle ones thumbs at this seems to scream "We don't want money" barring potential complications at the manufacturing level.

They could literally announce only those two things for the HO range in 2019 and it'd probably be a better received announcement than the 2018 lot. Who knows how far in advance the decisions for the 2019 range are made, the gauntlet may be put down already and we have no idea.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 12:46:59 AM by Sparks » Logged
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: September 05, 2018, 11:00:23 AM »

Heck if they also only announced Peter Sam and some brake vans in the narrow gauge range and the red coaches in the large scale, I say combined with Stepney and the flat car with paint drums alone those would make for a solid lineup and wouldnít require a whole lot of effort on Bachmannís part.

I would think by next month at the earliest to around December is when they probably would have a better idea of whatís coming soon in 2019, but it never hurts to get more thoughts out now while we still can.
rjmets41

View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: September 05, 2018, 10:20:44 PM »

I am an O-Scale model railroader but as a TTTE fan, I just love seeing all of your work.

I was listening to an O-Scale podcast the other day about the new Lionel TTTE items. They interviewed a representative from Lionel that worked directly with Matel about what Matel wanted out of the line. She claimed Matel was very hands on when it came to what changes Lionel should make to the line. Lionel ended up making the existing models even more kid-friendly, and hinted that a new female character could be coming soon to the Lionel line.

If Matel has this kind of relationship with Bachmann, I think Nia and/or Rebecca is a certainty.

(If a HO Stephney is produced by Bachmann, it might be enough to get me to collect HO too)
Sparks

View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: September 05, 2018, 11:51:31 PM »

The only thing that makes me see the possibility being slim is that the market for Lionel Thomas is a bit different than the market for Bachmann Thomas. The Lionel range isn't revered by fans in much regard, mainly due to its inaccurate portrayal of the characters and the rolling stock, which in the eyes of hardcore Thomas collectors, is very much a make or break ordeal.

Either way, I'd sooner count on it being Rosie than I would Rebecca or Nia.
Rodimus Supreme

View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: September 06, 2018, 12:34:35 AM »

The only thing that makes me see the possibility being slim is that the market for Lionel Thomas is a bit different than the market for Bachmann Thomas. The Lionel range isn't revered by fans in much regard, mainly due to its inaccurate portrayal of the characters and the rolling stock, which in the eyes of hardcore Thomas collectors, is very much a make or break ordeal.

Either way, I'd sooner count on it being Rosie than I would Rebecca or Nia.
It could also be either Mavis or Emily. i do wish Lionel model proportions were better, though.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: September 06, 2018, 01:11:51 AM »

Funny you mention Mavis, since technically she was announced in 2007 by Lionel but was replaced by Diesel at some point later that year.

But going back to Bachmann, Mattel has had an impact on what Bachmann has made in recent years, but I feel like with all the backlash behind Nia and Rebecca, Bachmann really is better off avoiding those two entirely.  Iíll even take another copout announcement like Rosie in her red livery over Nia and/or Rebecca next year.
TrainshockeylifE

View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: September 06, 2018, 04:29:39 PM »

Iím sort of nervous that Mattel will make Bachmann make a female model because of all these gender arguments, maybe Nia or Rebecca are in the works for the future....
angelob6660

View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: September 06, 2018, 05:25:42 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised if Mattel pushes Bachmann to make a female locomotive next year.
Rodimus Supreme

View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: September 06, 2018, 07:57:49 PM »

Funny you mention Mavis, since technically she was announced in 2007 by Lionel but was replaced by Diesel at some point later that year.

But going back to Bachmann, Mattel has had an impact on what Bachmann has made in recent years, but I feel like with all the backlash behind Nia and Rebecca, Bachmann really is better off avoiding those two entirely.  Iíll even take another copout announcement like Rosie in her red livery over Nia and/or Rebecca next year.
I never knew that. Neat!

BWBA is honestly the biggest mistake ever made in this franchise. Any reference to it should be avoided, and if Mattel was smart, they'd let it die out after it's run (as I'm positive it's too late to cancel that season and start over). The sad thing is is that Rebecca looks like an interesting design, and could've possibly been an interesting character, but now she's been ruined by this. Sometimes I feel like it would be better if Mattel was stripped of the Thomas and Friends license (or sold it to another company, however it would work).
metal4life

View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: September 06, 2018, 08:35:00 PM »

Oof, I've seen a little of Season 22 and it's pretty bad. Like, really bad. Wow. I imagine Mattel are gonna be pushing the new characters pretty heavy on the marketing front, so seeing one of these new characters next year wouldn't surprise me at all.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: