STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2019, 02:44:34 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  The Everything Thomas Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 86 Print
Author Topic: The Everything Thomas Thread  (Read 366752 times)
Toad139

View Profile
« Reply #1050 on: September 26, 2018, 08:07:38 AM »

did you notice that Edward is pulling a train of tar tanker wagons in CGI when James is about to crash into him in his dream where he is painted green?

They were just plain black tankers, they didn't have anything regarding tar painted on them. 
JLK2707

View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: September 26, 2018, 08:15:31 AM »

Thanks for the reply Toad139. But it is possible that they could have been carrying tar inside of them, although we canít ever know. Do you know how I can get in touch with Michael white so I can suggest to him to bring the tar tanker wagons back into cgi?
TrainFan97

View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: September 26, 2018, 08:16:18 AM »

After seeing nearly every episode this season, I can honestly say that Big World Big Adventures really didn't deserve the backlash it got.

You're certainly in the minority here. You're the only person I've seen who actually LIKES the changes. I respect your opinion, though.
MeganekkoFury1126

View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: September 26, 2018, 08:25:15 AM »

Thanks for the reply Toad139. But it is possible that they could have been carrying tar inside of them, although we canít ever know. Do you know how I can get in touch with Michael white so I can suggest to him to bring the tar tanker wagons back into cgi?

I suggest NOT doing that. Let Michael and the other writers do what they want with their writing, and itís not then who get the final says in the final episode, anyways. Iím sure theyíve been asked far too many times to bring back BoCo or Stepney already. Michael is doing a superb job, definitely the best writing Iíve seen in the current season, so Iím not going to be nit picky with him.
Whether theyíre tar tankers or not has nothing to do with the story. The latter is what matters most, and the former can be given or taken (and not worth bringing up everyday).
JLK2707

View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: September 26, 2018, 08:52:22 AM »

Thank you MeganekkoFury1126. Yes, he is doing a great job.
Streak

Hello, glad to be here! "Ew Aw Few Few"

View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: September 26, 2018, 10:18:46 AM »

TrainFan97 thanks for hearing me out. I realize I'm probably in the minority saying that I like BWBA. The thing is I'm all about the characters and stories so that's why I don't mind the fast paced humor. In fact, I think some of the recent jokes are rather funny.

However, characters and story are the reason why I say the international eps, while not bad, aren't as good as the Sodor episodes. The United Nations said in an interview that world accuracy and the message was their number one goal, over proper storytelling and that's just not a good idea. I do hope they improve going forward into Season 23.

Also JLK2707, those were probably tar tankers Edward was pulling. If they weren't supposed to be tar, they would've put the oil logos on them. That ep was full of so many references (like James painted blue and Gordon having boiler-ache) that I could totally see that as a reference to when James crashed into the back of tar tankers in Dirty Objects.
angelob6660

View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: September 26, 2018, 12:50:11 PM »

After I saw What Rebecca Does. I thought she was a good character and great personality. But she falls short of inspiring me that they created a useless character that could been used on existing locomotive.
Streak

View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: September 26, 2018, 01:12:04 PM »

After I saw What Rebecca Does. I thought she was a good character and great personality. But she falls short of inspiring me that they created a useless character that could been used on existing locomotive.

I can see where your coming from but I think it's fair to just wait and see what they do with her next. I keep defending Hugo because even though he has barely any personality, he only had TWO episodes. Two episodes aren't a lot to develop a character. Same thing goes for Rebecca. (However they seem to have forgotten about Hugo completely so I wonder what that says about Mattel. Undecided)

I think the best way to expand both Rebecca and Nia's character is to have them interact with the rest of the Steam Team. You rarely see the main cast interact at all in great length outside of the main clicks (i.e. Thomas and Percy, James and Gordon) Maybe it would be better for all of them if they interacted more. They're called the Steam Team but they don't look like a team to me.  Angry
JLK2707

View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: September 27, 2018, 03:14:48 AM »

Thanks for agreeing with me about the scene in An engine of many colours Streak. I think that this should be added to the ttte wikia. Also, have you seen Big World! Big Adventures!?
Streak

View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: September 27, 2018, 01:47:51 PM »

Thanks for agreeing with me about the scene in An engine of many colours Streak. I think that this should be added to the ttte wikia. Also, have you seen Big World! Big Adventures!?

Yes, JLK2707. I did see Big World Big Adventures and, unlike most people on this forum it seems, I actually genuinely enjoyed it. I found it kind of similar to Great Race where Thomas wants to leave Sodor and go to the Great Railway Show. But in my opinion, BWBA just does a better job at having a cohesive story. Where Great Race tries to split it between four separate plot lines: (Thomas and the show, Gordon and Scotty, Philip and Vinnie, and Diesel's deeds), BWBA keeps it focused on one story: the journey and friendship triangle of Thomas, Nia, and Ace.

Some people complain about how dragged out the movie seems an how there isn't much of a drive. To me, this seems just like any old road trip movie. It's ironically not about the destination, it's about the journey. Thomas' friendship with Nia and fake friendship with Ace is the most important part of the film and I say that was done very well. Yes, Thomas is a jerk to Nia just like he was to Ashima but I think here it works better because a) he's being persuaded by Ace and b) Nia is actually giving back talk. Standing up for herself instead of looking sad like Ashima did just to get pity points from the audience. Nia and Ace are great characters that I will welcome with open arms. As for the other characters, Kwaku had a cool design, Beau was funny, and Yong Bao was nice to see again. I only wished they used him more in the China episodes in Season 22.

In fact, I think my biggest problem with this movie is the season following it. This movie leaves off with so many questions. Why does Nia not have a home anymore? Who is her owner? Will Ace have a redemption arc? (He seemed remorseful when Thomas left him at the Salt Flats) How will Sir Topham get home. Will Ace help Sir Topham search for Thomas? Will Thomas go out around the world in search of Topham? Is that why he's around the world in Season 22? All of these questions are raised and none of them answered. I thought that Season 22 would have a big overarching storyline tying into the movie and it just didn't happen. It just feels so clunky. Why end the movie with so many questions if your never going to answer them though?

But forgetting about Season 22 for a bit, the movie is pretty solid on it's own. The characters are likable, the jokes are mostly hits, the songs are good, and the story was all around enjoyable. The international concept would have been better however if you kept it relegated to this film. Half of the episodes in S22 are not bad but not great either. There's no cohesion between stories (except for the Australia ones), Thomas has little to no reason being in those countries as aposed to the film, he's the main character for all those episodes which is unnecessary, and the episodes are mostly bland with no substantial story because the UN want to push culture over storytelling. Season 22 just rapped up today and the Sodor half ranged from ok to amazing while the international half ranged from ok to dull as slate. I always try to look at the bright side of things though and I hope that this is just a warmup and the team will improve come Season 23. As for the movie, I'd say it's still good. I'd put it as my 7th (maybe 6th) favorite Thomas movie. I wouldn't mind watching this film again if I had the choice. If you don't have the same opinion as me, that's fine. We all have different opinions. To quote Harvey to the Rescue from Season 6, "Different is what makes you special"  Cheesy
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 02:03:16 PM by Streak » Logged
JLK2707

View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: September 27, 2018, 06:49:50 PM »

Same here Streak. Did you also see the James recolour shunt freight cars for Thomas to take to Dare Esalaam?
Streak

View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: September 27, 2018, 07:52:11 PM »

No I didn't. I heard about it but I didn't see it. I saw the other recolors though. I even made a Take Along custom of the Orange Edward recolor from China.  Tongue Grin
Cheeky_ULP

View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: September 27, 2018, 08:59:15 PM »

Some N Scale customs.
Streak

View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: September 27, 2018, 10:09:48 PM »

Those look great! My Orange Edward custom isn't finished yet but I would be happy to show it when it is. This is actually a good time for me to ask. How exactly do you attach photos to your post like you did just now? I tried adding pictures to my resin building post but I couldn't get it to work.  Sad
JLK2707

View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: September 28, 2018, 05:36:23 AM »

Sounds good Streak. I a man just wanting to buy another bachmann Edward and James and turn those into the recolours.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 86 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: