STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 19, 2018, 05:55:24 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  The Everything Thomas Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 76 Print
Author Topic: The Everything Thomas Thread  (Read 321949 times)
angelob6660

View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: September 28, 2018, 09:00:58 PM »

I'm debating on whether or not to paint James' wheels black instead of gray. The wheels don't really bother me as much unless I fixated on it thinking to much.

I did grow up with James having gray and black wheels in pictures and merchandise.
Sparks

View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: September 29, 2018, 01:31:01 AM »

Those look great! My Orange Edward custom isn't finished yet but I would be happy to show it when it is. This is actually a good time for me to ask. How exactly do you attach photos to your post like you did just now? I tried adding pictures to my resin building post but I couldn't get it to work.  Sad

So this url:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DoNyqj9UUAE0IAt.jpg
with the tags becomes:

Which is also the Season 2 style green trucks I did in N scale.
Rodimus Supreme

View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: October 10, 2018, 07:03:46 PM »

Look at this guys last post, this will shake you....
https://mobile.twitter.com/US_trainmodeler
Weíve known about the sound files since that sound module was first released. They donít mean anything.
Rodimus Supreme

View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: October 10, 2018, 07:14:05 PM »

Also, since some people keep asking:
http://ttte.wikia.com/wiki/Minor_International_Characters
Streak

Hello, glad to be here! "Ew Aw Few Few"

View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: October 17, 2018, 11:31:11 PM »

Hey guys! This thread has been kind of inactive for the past week so I thought I'd do something fun and post a little bit of news on some recent events/developments in the Thomas fandom. Consider this the Thomas and Friends News Dump (hosted by Streak).

First piece of news is interesting. According to reports on Twitter, there have been listings on EBay of new rebranded Thomas Wood models. As you remember, it was announced about a month ago by the Tootally  Thomas Store that Wood would be discontinued and everyone rejoiced. But it seems it's back with a vengeance. But it turns out they will be released FULLY PAINTED. Wow what a concept. The only engines that have been discovered are Spencer, Flynn, and Merlin. They are exactly the same as the old Wood models but with paint. So yeah. Still not great but it's a vast improvement and I definitely think painted Wood Thomas, Percy, Ashima, and Nia could be worth a pickup but who knows.

Next order of business: More information about the 2019 wave of MINIS has been discovered by a Japanese Thomas fan on Twitter. Now a month ago, it was revealed that Nia would be getting a MINI in 2019 and official pictures of the model have been found. It looks great. Definitely gonna pick one up. But three more Classic MINIS have been revealed. Those are Ashima, Kevin, and Harold. Ashima is cool but the real interesting ones are Harold and Kevin. They are the first non rail characters Mattel has made since Classic Bertie in 2017. And we all know how great Classic Bertie is, right? (Obvious sarcasm is obvious). Kevin looks ok but Harold is just... no. I'm going to get both of them and the two international girls though. I have to. I've committed myself to get every single Classic MINIS. The pictures of these toys are online if you want to see them. Tell me what you think of these designs

The final bit of news is rather sad and disheartening. Today, Twitter is in an uproar over the recent revelation that the show's railway consultant, Sam Wilkinson, has been selling fake props to Thomas fans for ridiculous amounts of money. Isaiah on Twitter revealed all of this to the public earlier today. Here's the link to the post if you want to read more. ][https://twitter.com/IsaacM6991/status/1052633948239609857]
This news is very upsetting to me and the actions of Sam Wilkinson is appalling. No word has been given about the subject from SIF directly, but some of it's members (Simon Martin) have been trying to deny these obvious claims, most likely so that SIF can keep it's close ties with Mattel. The fact that people would be willing to hide the truth about an obvious scam just to stay buddies with Mattel is just horrid. I'm sorry I had to end this news post on such a upsetting note but it reflects the whole mood of the fandom right now.

And that's it. That was fun. Comment down below your thoughts on this news and if you think I should do this every time there's a dump of Thomas News. That's all from me. Peace.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 11:35:01 PM by Streak » Logged
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: October 18, 2018, 12:19:55 AM »

Letís try to keep discussion/criticism of other ranges out of this forum since this is a Bachmann Trains forum and it wouldnít be fair to criticize the other ranges since they are not on this forum to speak on their behalf on this forum.

On a much more relevant note, the TCA fall show is this week!  Hopefully there will be a video posted talking about the status of upcoming products (Rusty in particular).
Streak

View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: October 18, 2018, 12:25:39 AM »

Oh ok. I just thought that it would be OK to talk about other ranges/other Thomas news on the "Everything Thomas" thread. But if y'all rather not wanna talk about that stuff it's fine with me.

I didn't know about the TCA Fall show. I do hope they'll show off Rusty there. And possibly even HO Spiteful Brakevan and Gordon's Express Coaches if we're lucky.

P.S. How many Thomas forums are out there might I ask? The only ones I've seen is SIF's and this one. I'm genuinely curious to see what other places people can go to talk Thomas.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 12:28:52 AM by Streak » Logged
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: October 19, 2018, 12:30:23 PM »

Well the show has started.

The only unreleased products that are up are the HO and large scale stock.  Sadly Rusty isnít on display but hopefully if there will be a video posted where we can have a better look at the model.
Streak

View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: October 19, 2018, 03:37:26 PM »

Are there any close up pictures of HO Scale Spiteful Brakevan and the Tankers? Also any sign of the express coaches? Those Large Scale tankers are looking fresher than fresh. I have no plan to purchase Large Scale but I sure hope the Chocolate Syrup and especially the Toffee Tanker are made in HO Scale like the Water Tanker was. (I do wish the Water Tanker, both HO and Large, was left logo-less like it is in the show and like the Toffee Tanker) Seeing how the Toffee Tanker was handled, I'd love Bachmann to make the silver Jam Tankers from S9's "Gordon Knows Best" or maybe even the African Tankers from BWBA.

Interesting things to note in this picture:

-Grumpy Diesel and Diesel are next to each other on the shelf. That's must a little weird to people just passing through.
-The Mail Van and the Refrigerator Lobster Van are on display but not the Green Mail Van. Does this mean it's being discontinued? If so I better get like five of them.
-That stupid Celebration Thomas is still there. When will that thing just die already!?

Anyways looks pretty cool and hopefully Rusty will be shown off in the eventual video you mentioned
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 03:59:46 PM by Streak » Logged
TrainCollector

View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: October 19, 2018, 08:42:57 PM »

Anyone have any idea what day this month Spiteful brake van will be shipping? Really looking foreword to getting him.
Duke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1075 on: October 20, 2018, 11:11:15 AM »

The brakevan is on the right next to the Fat Controller... Hasn't that been discontinued??

Thomas Picture Quiz: http://www.sporcle.com/games/WiiJAY87/thomas--friends-picturequiz
Thomas - Henry - Percy/Toby/Emily - Spencer - Gordon/James - Edward/Mavis - Salty - Bill/Ben - Donald/Douglas - Diesel - Duck - 'Arry - Bert - Skarloey - Oliver - Rheneas/Rosie
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: October 20, 2018, 03:32:05 PM »

Pictures of the HO Spiteful brake van and tankers are all in the online store if you haven't seen those already.  I'm sure Gordon's coaches were not on the display due to the size and how much space they would take on the display. 

No idea about the green mail car, but to my knowledge that one was never a popular one amongst fans so I wouldn't be entirely surprised if that got dropped in the future.

The spiteful brake van's release date said October before, but it looks like it is pushed back to December.  It's a little expected at this point since they always try to get new products out in time for Christmas. 

The HO brake van is discontinued, not sure why that's on display.  Maybe it was just a spare piece of rolling stock they had on hand for the display?
Streak

View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: October 20, 2018, 06:43:01 PM »

If the Green Mail Car gets discontinued, then maybe they could replace it with a Brown Mail Car. I could see that selling much more than the green one ever has. I feel bad for the green mail car. I know what it's meant to be but it really isn't.

The fact the regular brake van was discontinued is disapointing. I can understand why the Large Scale one was axed (seeing as it was just a faceless version of our Spiteful friend) but the HO Scale one was fine. They could bring it back in the more common CGI black, grey, or maybe even white, but who knows.

Everyone wants the flatbed to come back with a different load. While I'm one of those people, I also think the conflat/RF container wagon and the wellwagon would be great to come back with loads as well.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 06:52:05 PM by Streak » Logged
Sparks

View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: October 21, 2018, 02:19:52 AM »

I don't see why they would need to keep the original brake van when the Spiteful Brakevan is in the range now. It looks much more like brake vans seen in the show, has NW on it as a homage to the lore of the show (as the NW brake van design was first in Large Scale before they even did the Spiteful Brakevan), and to add it sports a distinctly Thomas face. It out-does the original in every regard and makes the original irrelevant.

Funny how they can make something interesting and worthy of purchase out of an old tooling from the 80s-90s (Bachmann Branchlines).
JLK2707

View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: October 21, 2018, 04:05:06 AM »

Cool. On another note, I just wanted the writers of Thomas and friends to add the logo of the music group Jamiroquai on it and put it on tv where they would have all the engines would wondering about who would pull it. Face it, this idea will probably never happen as I somehow feel that Thomas and friends will end forever next year. I dread to write this as fanfiction as I donít care for that stuff whatsoever. What do you think Streak? Would you have liked to see a Jamiroquai van on Thomas and friends?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 04:08:01 AM by JLK2707 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 76 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: