STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2019, 06:10:21 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  The Everything Thomas Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 Print
Author Topic: The Everything Thomas Thread  (Read 361149 times)
JLK2707

View Profile
« Reply #1200 on: February 26, 2019, 09:11:17 PM »

Can anybody out there please just make accurate 3D printed faces for Paxton and Sidney?
MoarCrossovers

View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: February 27, 2019, 06:54:34 AM »

If Mattel is so keen on repaints...

Do u kno de Grate Westarn Wae?
steakandcake

View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: February 27, 2019, 11:27:38 AM »

Not gonna lie, Iíd buy that. it looks very interesting.
Streak

Hello, glad to be here! "Ew Aw Few Few"

View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: February 27, 2019, 07:40:25 PM »

While I hope if Bachmann ever does make the Jam Tanker in either HO or Large Scale (preferably HO), they make it pure silver with no logos just like the ones in the Season 9 episode they're from and similarly to the Toffee Tanker. But if they made something like this, I wouldn't complain. It looks really sharp.  Smiley
JLK2707

View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: February 27, 2019, 08:19:06 PM »

Yeah, it looks great. But has anybody just noticed my question about 3D printed faces for Paxton and Sidney?
steakandcake

View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: March 09, 2019, 09:59:55 AM »

While I was reading the new catalog, I noticed something. The separate sale Large Scale Thomas has been reintroduced. My question is why? Also Red Rosie is up for preorder on TrainWorld. Says sheíll be out by Late April, although I betting more on December or later.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: March 09, 2019, 04:06:43 PM »

I would bet on later too, Rustyís release date on there was March earlier this week, and is now pushed back to May.  Iím starting to bet on the summer at this point for him, but I do appreciate the new design on the modelís body so maybe thatís why he is still not out yet. 

The Spring TCA show is coming up too.  Definitely curious to see if Red Rosie or Rusty will be shown there too.
SodorRoundhouse

Always happy to talk :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1207 on: March 09, 2019, 07:06:28 PM »

Out of curiosity, does anyone have any rough idea on when Rusty and the Coaches will be released? Havenít really heard anything of them lately...
Ronniethe14xxx

View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: March 09, 2019, 10:58:26 PM »

Out of curiosity, does anyone have any rough idea on when Rusty and the Coaches will be released? Havenít really heard anything of them lately...
I think there's a website that has Rusty for an expected April release but, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see anything from them until closer till the end of the year
TrainMan2001

View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: March 31, 2019, 10:44:29 AM »

The show's animation studio has just redone the 4 classic characters left in the main cast. Here are pictures of Thomas and Percy.

Do you guys think this could affect how the N Scale models will look when they are released?

Bachmann trains are awesome. I hope they come out with Stepney one day.
angelob6660

View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: March 31, 2019, 01:43:32 PM »

I just don't know if they're going to make the rivet detailing. To some people it's unnecessary.
Cheeky_ULP

View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: March 31, 2019, 01:45:31 PM »

I'm gonna guess no; Bachmann already has the Thomas CG references, and these little changes would not translate easily into N scale.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: March 31, 2019, 03:37:00 PM »

It would be pointless and tedious for Bachmann include these new small details  on already small models would likely increase the pricing on these models too.  I donít know why Mattel would push for these revisions on the renders, since they probably wonít bother to add these details to any of the merchandise that they are making, including the N scale models.

Now, that being said, if these revisions do end up finding their way into the N scale models I could see them being a major dealbreaker to fans and would probably make them want to stick with Tomix if they want to model Thomas in N scale.  So sticking with simpler designs for Thomas and Percy (and pretty much anyone else in the main cast whenever they would get announced) would be an all-around safer move on Bachmannís end if they want the sales for this new range to take off. 
JLK2707

View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: March 31, 2019, 06:33:34 PM »

Who are the other two major characters that have been redesigned apart from thomas and Percy?
TrainMan2001

View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: March 31, 2019, 06:53:34 PM »

Gordon and James. Gordon hasn't been fully shown yet, except for his front (he has an express headcode now), and I couldn't find a good enough picture of James. Apparently Emily has been redesigned a little bit as well, but I don't really consider her a classic character, so that's why I didn't include her in the count. It'll be interesting to see if they do this to Edward, Henry, and Toby as well.

Bachmann trains are awesome. I hope they come out with Stepney one day.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: