STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 20, 2019, 02:13:14 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  The Everything Thomas Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 87 Print
Author Topic: The Everything Thomas Thread  (Read 388161 times)
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #75 on: November 03, 2015, 03:26:51 AM »

If anything, I think the rolling stock is too expensive since the regular Peco stock is a lot cheaper and even has the extra detail of a brake pipe.  Despite that, I may pick up a couple of the vans to go with Skarloey, but I'm hoping to find them for a cheaper price than what I'm seeing in current shops that offer pre-order.  
I suspect the prices will drop a little after the first year or so...I hope...but I'm not looking to buy into this range immediately, though in all fairness I think with the massive price difference I would go for the Peco stock...with maybe a few exceptions (I'd like to pick up one of the blue vans, it can form a kind of "luggage van", if BACHMANN decides to release the blue/white coaches seen in the earlier seasons of the show...

I hope the prices does drop, because some people will not be able to afford that sort of money for the products.
AJW98Productions

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 03, 2015, 03:55:57 AM »

If anything, I think the rolling stock is too expensive since the regular Peco stock is a lot cheaper and even has the extra detail of a brake pipe.  Despite that, I may pick up a couple of the vans to go with Skarloey, but I'm hoping to find them for a cheaper price than what I'm seeing in current shops that offer pre-order.  
I suspect the prices will drop a little after the first year or so...I hope...but I'm not looking to buy into this range immediately, though in all fairness I think with the massive price difference I would go for the Peco stock...with maybe a few exceptions (I'd like to pick up one of the blue vans, it can form a kind of "luggage van", if BACHMANN decides to release the blue/white coaches seen in the earlier seasons of the show...

I hope the prices does drop, because some people will not be able to afford that sort of money for the products.
Just a piece of advice here, you can go to post a response to a topic and then press the "insert quote" button to add quotes to your response, it saves the trouble of having to quote about three separate posts individually and post three different responses of your own.
~Alex
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #77 on: November 03, 2015, 04:16:03 AM »

Just a piece of advice here, you can go to post a response to a topic and then press the "insert quote" button to add quotes to your response, it saves the trouble of having to quote about three separate posts individually and post three different responses of your own.
~Alex

OK, thanks Alex. I am still learning with this site!
therailwayinspector

Crane's Eye View

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: November 03, 2015, 06:20:55 AM »

How do you it is out together by hand?

Have a look at the pictures and videos at the base of this page; whilst a different model, the same principles apply. Machines are used for printing the decals onto the right place, but ultimately the final assembly is by hand - a machine won't be able to tell if something isn't fitting right.

http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/pg/109/Adams-LSWR-O2-Steam-Locomotive-OO-Gauge

Steam, Diesel? It's All The Same.
Creator Of Thomas The Model Adventures
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #79 on: November 03, 2015, 06:49:29 AM »

Have a look at the pictures and videos at the base of this page; whilst a different model, the same principles apply. Machines are used for printing the decals onto the right place, but ultimately the final assembly is by hand - a machine won't be able to tell if something isn't fitting right.

http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/pg/109/Adams-LSWR-O2-Steam-Locomotive-OO-Gauge

OK, I will have a look at that later.
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #80 on: November 03, 2015, 12:54:52 PM »

I see that some Locomotives are made by hand, but how do you know that Bachmann Skarloey will be built by hand?
Metal

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 03, 2015, 02:06:23 PM »

Sorry for going off topic here.

But..

Can you please stop with muti-posting, quoting almost every single one as whole, and bringing back these threads that are considered outdated? There's nothing wrong with what you're saying. But what you're doing has made the Bachmann Forum a complete mess. It really slowing down the board here. Sorry if I'm sounding aggressive here, but I'm sure alot of people here just like myself are having difficulties using the forums.
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #82 on: November 03, 2015, 02:34:05 PM »

Sorry for going off topic here.

But..

Can you please stop with muti-posting, quoting almost every single one as whole, and bringing back these threads that are considered outdated? There's nothing wrong with what you're saying. But what you're doing has made the Bachmann Forum a complete mess. It really slowing down the board here. Sorry if I'm sounding aggressive here, but I'm sure alot of people here just like myself are having difficulties using the forums.

Alright, I am sorry. I am just interested in some of these Disscussions. I will leave the Forum if you want me too. I didn't mean to mess it up. I am really sorry.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 03, 2015, 04:51:30 PM »

What is the price of the Rolling Stock?

At retail, each of the rolling stock in the narrow gauge range is $63. 

Meanwhile I got 3 Peco wagons online for a little under that price alone at ehattons a few months ago.  Tongue
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #84 on: November 03, 2015, 05:58:24 PM »

What is the price of the Rolling Stock?

At retail, each of the rolling stock in the narrow gauge range is $63. 

Meanwhile I got 3 Peco wagons online for a little under that price alone at ehattons a few months ago.  Tongue

$63 is expensive. I hope they are much cheaper at The Diesel Works than at that price.
Metal

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 04, 2015, 02:00:04 AM »

Follow up on my last post

Ok, I do apologize for sounding like I'm giving a hostile tone.
I'm not telling you or anyone else to leave the forums. I didn't mean to make you feel like that. You're giving a decent conversion, you just need to keep your posts from getting cluttered. Keep them organized, no need to quote unless there's like 2 or 3 posts in between, also only quote the specific sentence and paragraph, and merge your posts into one instead of multi-posting. It's also best to try and keep your posts constructive.
And there's nothing wrong with reviving a couple threads.  But some threads like the Red Coaches, and Ice Cream Wagon have served their purpose because the items are now released, there really would no longer be a need for those type of threads.

The more space you clutter up, the more it slows down the forum.
Hope this helps. Smiley
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 02:03:16 AM by Nykrivas » Logged
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #86 on: November 04, 2015, 03:24:56 AM »

OK. I will try not too. Again, I am sorry for what I did.
SeanrailAnimations

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: November 04, 2015, 02:07:36 PM »

http://shop.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=258_259_972

Skarloey Railway Rolling Stock now Released! available to buy now!
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #88 on: November 04, 2015, 02:25:26 PM »

http://shop.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=258_259_972

Skarloey Railway Rolling Stock now Released! available to buy now!

Wow, I wasn't expecting it to come so early!

What I can't understand about this, is that if you buy the Narrow Gauge Rolling Stock now, you have no Locomotive's to pull them, so the four items should be released the same time.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 06:27:14 PM by Jacob Wilson » Logged
SeanrailAnimations

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: November 04, 2015, 02:37:12 PM »

I know. No doubt Slarloey will be released shortly too.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 87 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: