STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 22, 2019, 03:54:07 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  The Everything Thomas Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 87 Print
Author Topic: The Everything Thomas Thread  (Read 388637 times)
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 04, 2015, 03:04:34 PM »

That's interesting, at the hobby show it said Skarloey as well as the rolling stock were all going to be out in December. 

By no means am I complaining - hope Skarloey finds his way out early too.  The earlier the better Smiley
Thomasfan39

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 04, 2015, 04:41:37 PM »

Wow I'm so excited!!!!!
AJW98Productions

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 05, 2015, 12:32:51 AM »

Considering I've been bedridden since yesterday afternoon (GMT+8 time), this is fantastic news to hear whilst recovering. Cheesy
~Alex
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #93 on: November 05, 2015, 03:23:21 AM »

Considering I've been bedridden since yesterday afternoon (GMT+8 time), this is fantastic news to hear whilst recovering. Cheesy
~Alex

It is fantastic news.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 03:26:22 AM by Jacob Wilson » Logged
TrainFan97

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 06, 2015, 02:31:20 PM »

Does anyone think it would be a nice idea for Bachmann to get the license to make Thomas & Friends in O scale? It would be better than Lionel, much better.
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #95 on: November 06, 2015, 03:05:06 PM »

Does anyone think it would be a nice idea for Bachmann to get the license to make Thomas & Friends in O scale? It would be better than Lionel, much better.

We can't have a fourth Gauge choice in Thomas & Frieds in Model Railways. Hornby have OO Gauge, Bachmann have HO Gauge and Large Scale.
TrainFan97

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 06, 2015, 03:08:00 PM »

We can't have a fourth Gauge choice in Thomas & Frieds in Model Railways. Hornby have OO Gauge, Bachmann have HO Gauge and Large Scale.

Why not? Lionel made O scale, but not much. In my opinion, the number of Gauge choices doesn't matter. Besides, Bachmann just recently started a Narrow Gauge range.
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #97 on: November 06, 2015, 04:28:33 PM »

Why not? Lionel made O scale, but not much. In my opinion, the number of Gauge choices doesn't matter. Besides, Bachmann just recently started a Narrow Gauge range.

To me it just feels like there are too many Gauges around now. To new people who are wanting to start a new Thomas & Friends Model Railway, the choice of which Gauge to go in to is difficult.

The Narrow Gauge range does not class as a different Gauge, well too me it doesn't anyway, because it only includes the Narrow Gauge characters. For the past 10 years I have had a OO combined HO Gauge layout, and at somepoint next year, I want to plan on building a smaller layout for the Narrow Gauge Railway. You would have a Narrow Gauge Railway as an extra, besides a OO/HO layout is the best thing to do.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 04:31:07 PM by Jacob Wilson » Logged
TrainFan97

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 06, 2015, 05:23:56 PM »

If Bachmann had the license to make O scale Thomas, at least I'm pretty sure O scale collectors would be interested.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 05:27:44 PM by TrainFan97 » Logged
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #99 on: November 06, 2015, 05:46:16 PM »

If Bachmann had the license to make O scale Thomas, at least I'm pretty sure O scale collectors would be interested.

I agree this O Scale Collectors would be interested, but for new Collectors, it starts to make it a difficult descision of which Gauge they should start collecting in.
JD417

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: November 06, 2015, 05:58:21 PM »

Honestly, (and I've been saying this for years) If Bachmann, or any other company, were to snatch up the O scale copyright, I would LOVE it, instead of producing yet even more Thomas, Percys, James', ect., if they would produce the Narrow Gauge engines.

Reason being: O scale would be the closest to size, for the Narrow Gauge engines against the Large Scale Range.
-Now that Bachmann is making the Narrow Gauge engines, who's to say they wouldn't make a second line of the Narrow Gauge, like how they have 2 scales for the Standard Gauge (HO, and LS).

Long story short, it would be something different, I'd love it, and get them immediately, and it would work out well in theory, imo.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 06, 2015, 06:16:52 PM »

Honestly I'm surprised Lionel is still holding onto the license, since they are barely doing anything with their Thomas range.  It wouldn't surprise me if their range were to be phased out anytime soon.  

I agree this O Scale Collectors would be interested, but for new Collectors, it starts to make it a difficult descision of which Gauge they should start collecting in.

I don't think consumers would find that decision "difficult".  Consumers who would want the O gauge products or model O gauge, would want to buy the O gauge products and the same can be said for HO and large scale.  I don't think the number of scales would be a bad thing at all.  If anything it might be a good thing since it allows for more diversity for different consumers to choose from, which I'm sure Bachmann would welcome with open arms if the opportunity were to come their way.  Their O gauge products from Williams are fairly well-known and I think Thomas products in that range would be decent sellers.  Same thing can even be said with Tomix if they were to not have the rights to produce N scale anymore.

Thomas always has been a great stepping stone to help people get into the hobby of model railroading and I think introducing more new ranges can potentially help the hobby grow from there.  
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 06:19:10 PM by Chaz » Logged
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #102 on: November 06, 2015, 06:35:03 PM »

Honestly I'm surprised Lionel is still holding onto the license, since they are barely doing anything with their Thomas range.  It wouldn't surprise me if their range were to be phased out anytime soon.  

I don't think consumers would find that decision "difficult".  Consumers who would want the O gauge products or model O gauge, would want to buy the O gauge products and the same can be said for HO and large scale.  I don't think the number of scales would be a bad thing at all.  If anything it might be a good thing since it allows for more diversity for different consumers to choose from, which I'm sure Bachmann would welcome with open arms if the opportunity were to come their way.  Their O gauge products from Williams are fairly well-known and I think Thomas products in that range would be decent sellers.  Same thing can even be said with Tomix if they were to not have the rights to produce N scale anymore.

Thomas always has been a great stepping stone to help people get into the hobby of model railroading and I think introducing more new ranges can potentially help the hobby grow from there.  

I see what you are saying, but the more Gauge ranges Bachmann produce in their Thomas & Friends range, this means they have more Gauge ranges to concentrate to work on each year, and that means there will be fewer new products released each year in each of the Gauge ranges.
TrainFan97

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 06, 2015, 06:38:51 PM »

I totally agree with you! Maybe Henry and Gordon are possible in O scale, rather than Large scale.
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #104 on: November 06, 2015, 06:40:51 PM »

I totally agree with you! Maybe Henry and Gordon are possible in O scale, rather than Large scale.

Thank you. Maybe they will be.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 87 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: