STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 21, 2019, 09:51:26 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  The Everything Thomas Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 87 Print
Author Topic: The Everything Thomas Thread  (Read 388455 times)
AJW98Productions

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: November 08, 2015, 05:00:56 AM »

Jacob, just a piece of advice here, sorry if it sounds rude, this is meant to sound polite, but after you quote one post, you can begin writing your post, and then use the "Insert Quote" button, to add extra quotes to one reply, that way you can add more quotes to your post, and it causes less clutter. You can do this by scrolling down from the box where you begin writing your reply.
Just a helpful suggestion.
~Alex

OK, sorry Alex. I hope I haven't offended you in anyway.

Jacob Wilson.
Of course you haven't offended me in any way, just trying to be polite and give some advice that prevents the spread of clutter on the forum, as plenty of members don't like too much clutter.

But on a side note, has anyone seen the first episode of "Thomas & Friends: The Hidden Treasure" on YouTube yet? I thought it may be of note because a member of this forum (Calebtrain, and possibly others I may not be aware of) worked on it. It can be viewed here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgAYscHrVA8
I just thought members may enjoy it Smiley

~Alex
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #136 on: November 08, 2015, 05:28:35 AM »

Jacob, just a piece of advice here, sorry if it sounds rude, this is meant to sound polite, but after you quote one post, you can begin writing your post, and then use the "Insert Quote" button, to add extra quotes to one reply, that way you can add more quotes to your post, and it causes less clutter. You can do this by scrolling down from the box where you begin writing your reply.
~Alex

Jacob Wilson.
Of course you haven't offended me in any way, just trying to be polite and give some advice that prevents the spread of clutter on the forum, as plenty of members don't like too much clutter.

But on a side note, has anyone seen the first episode of "Thomas & Friends: The Hidden Treasure" on YouTube yet? I thought it may be of note because a member of this forum (Calebtrain, and possibly others I may not be aware of) worked on it. It can be viewed here:

~Alex

I do not mean to spread clutter everywhere. I am very sorry Alex, and other members who do not like it.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 05:42:10 AM by Jacob Wilson » Logged
AJW98Productions

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 08, 2015, 05:31:28 AM »

~Alex

Jacob Wilson.

~Alex

I Ido nto mean to spread clutter everywhere. I am very sorry Alex, and other members who do not like it.
It's okay Smiley I'm just trying to be helpful. No need to be so sorry, just something to keep in mind, and again I'm just trying to be helpful Smiley
~Alex
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #138 on: November 08, 2015, 05:40:10 AM »

~Alex

Jacob Wilson.

~Alex

I Ido nto mean to spread clutter everywhere. I am very sorry Alex, and other members who do not like it.
It's okay Smiley I'm just trying to be helpful. No need to be so sorry, just something to keep in mind, and again I'm just trying to be helpful Smiley
~Alex

You are being helpful, Alex. Smiley
AJW98Productions

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 08, 2015, 05:53:44 AM »

Anyway, back onto the topic of things Thomas; I'm curious as to what people think; if Tomix have dropped the license to produce standard gauge Thomas stock in N gauge, should BACHMANN pick up the license? What are your thoughts and feelings? Would the range be a success? Anything in particular you'd like to mention to do with that?
~Alex
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #140 on: November 08, 2015, 06:08:53 AM »

Anyway, back onto the topic of things Thomas; I'm curious as to what people think; if Tomix have dropped the license to produce standard gauge Thomas stock in N gauge, should BACHMANN pick up the license? What are your thoughts and feelings? Would the range be a success? Anything in particular you'd like to mention to do with that?
~Alex

I would be surprised really if Bachmann did pick up on an N Gauge Thomas & Friends range. It would be suited for adults rather than for children, that range would be.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 06:10:46 AM by Jacob Wilson » Logged
TrainFan97

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 08, 2015, 12:04:42 PM »

I would love Bachmann getting the license to produce the Standard Gauge engines in N scale. We may still only get one engine a year. Hopefully, they can start out with three engines, being Thomas, Percy, and James, just like HO scale. All the engines should be CGI style, like Large scale. Maybe, they can have metal bodies for added weight, like the Narrow Gauge engines.
Titanic5972

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 08, 2015, 02:59:50 PM »

Model trains is a diminished hobby (if not, dying). Thomas is particularly the only thing that's keeping the interest alive, nowadays.

Perhaps in the US, but I find this very hard to see in the UK. And as for Thomas being the only thing keeping it alive? Hornby have not sold and TTTE models for several years, and the Bachmann ones are only available online as they don't have the UK licence. I'd be interested to know where you get your opinions from.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 08, 2015, 03:58:37 PM »

Model trains is a diminished hobby (if not, dying). Thomas is particularly the only thing that's keeping the interest alive, nowadays.

Speaking as someone who is a member of an active model railroad club as well as being an active participant at the NMRA, I don't think model trains is a "diminished/dying hobby" at all.  Thomas is great for helping people get into the hobby, but it's definitely not the only thing that's keeping the interest alive, that's a little bit of an exaggeration.  If it was a dying hobby, different model ranges, including Bachmann would not be continuing to produce models, and that includes Thomas models.  Train shows would also be a lot less crowded too, which from where I have been standing, and every train show I have always been helping out with has always been packed with people who love the hobby and have or willing to become invested too. 
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #144 on: November 08, 2015, 04:14:23 PM »

Perhaps in the US, but I find this very hard to see in the UK. And as for Thomas being the only thing keeping it alive? Hornby have not sold and TTTE models for several years, and the Bachmann ones are only available online as they don't have the UK licence. I'd be interested to know where you get your opinions from.

The reason why back in 2012 was the last time Hornby made a good profit on the Thomas & Friends range, is because they do not release new products often enough. Bachmann make a good profit because they release new products yearly. If Hornby did the same, then they wouldn't have discontinued the range last year (2014), and put the Thomas & Friends range into review.

Hornby have though announced, there will be more releases in 2016 in the Hornby Thomas & Friends range, so if there are, fingers crossed the products will be brand new products and not a load of re-releases like they are doing this year (2015).
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #145 on: November 08, 2015, 04:16:59 PM »

Speaking as someone who is a member of an active model railroad club as well as being an active participant at the NMRA, I don't think model trains is a "diminished/dying hobby" at all.  Thomas is great for helping people get into the hobby, but it's definitely not the only thing that's keeping the interest alive, that's a little bit of an exaggeration.  If it was a dying hobby, different model ranges, including Bachmann would not be continuing to produce models, and that includes Thomas models.  Train shows would also be a lot less crowded too, which from where I have been standing, and every train show I have always been helping out with has always been packed with people who love the hobby and have or willing to become invested too. 

I agree, Model Railways are not dying down, and I would be horrified if they ever do.
Titanic5972

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 08, 2015, 08:21:43 PM »

The reason why back in 2012 was the last time Hornby made a good profit on the Thomas & Friends range, is because they do not release new products often enough. Bachmann make a good profit because they release new products yearly. If Hornby did the same, then they wouldn't have discontinued the range last year (2014), and put the Thomas & Friends range into review.

Hornby have though announced, there will be more releases in 2016 in the Hornby Thomas & Friends range, so if there are, fingers crossed the products will be brand new products and not a load of re-releases like they are doing this year (2015).

I'm aware of that. I'd still like to know where Nykrivas gets his opinion that Thomas is the only thing keeping our hobby going.
Metal

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 09, 2015, 02:55:09 AM »

I guess it's from the recent train shows I've been to. They've seemed to be a bit lack. I've talked to some of the people running the stalls and they've said the the same thing. Probably last year wasn't a good year in my area. I live in California. It's hard of me not to be cynical at times.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 03:01:10 AM by Nykrivas » Logged
AJW98Productions

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 09, 2015, 03:22:06 AM »

I guess it's from the recent train shows I've been to. They've seemed to be a bit lack. I've talked to some of the people running the stalls and they've said the the same thing. Probably last year wasn't a good year in my area. I live in California. It's hard of me not to be cynical at times.
I've seen similar things unfortunately, also my local model railway club, which I am a ember of is having (financially anyway) one of its worst years on record. There's a huge train show here in Perth that they used to run every year, but now may only be run once every two years because it doesn't make as much money as it used to. So I may be with Nykrivas, to an extent, in the cynical department. Aside from this though, back on topic (even though this is only really slightly off topic to begin with). To anyone who saw Skarloey's prototype earlier this year or has good images of it, is the face CGI or model era? And what of the bodywork too, for that matter?
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #149 on: November 09, 2015, 03:46:43 AM »

I'm aware of that. I'd still like to know where Nykrivas gets his opinion that Thomas is the only thing keeping our hobby going.

Thomas & Friends is not the only thing keeping our hobby going. The other ranges from Bachmann, Hornby, etc, are just as popular.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 03:50:49 AM by Jacob Wilson » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 87 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: