STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 21, 2019, 12:30:21 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  The Everything Thomas Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 81 Print
Author Topic: The Everything Thomas Thread  (Read 349935 times)
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: November 18, 2015, 05:58:17 PM »

Something I noticed earlier was that it appears that the 2016 predictions thread has been deleted, and so has the 2015 announcements thread.  Not sure why these threads were deleted since I would think that they would be more important compared to some of the other threads on the forum.  Regardless, here's what I'll say regarding final thoughts on 2016, to carry on from the earlier discussion.  

I think because Oliver and Winston won't be coming out till next year, I would expect next years announcements to be kept to somewhat of a minimum compared to this year.  Although Daisy or Stepney would be nice, I think Paxton would make the most sense out of anyone else at this point since he'd be a lot more simple for Bachmann to pull off.  He also has a strong following with the older fanbase which will give him an extra push in sales.  He would also make sense to me because when Duck was delayed after he was announced, 'Arry and Bert were announced the year after since they were repaints of Diesel.  Paxton would follow this same pattern since Oliver will be released a year after he was announced.

I have no doubt that the narrow gauge range would do well in regards to next years announcements since Skarloey and the rolling stock will be out next month.  Rheneas seems to be the most obvious to me for the next engine at this point with the range just starting.  Some coaches would also be a nice addition, as I said before I'd expect them to use the Peco tooling.  Personally, I would like to see them invest in new tooling for Skarloey stock, but maybe we'll get luckier in future years as the Skarloey range progresses.  
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 06:05:31 PM by Chaz » Logged
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #181 on: November 18, 2015, 06:42:55 PM »

Ah ok. Thanks. Smiley

That's OK.

Something I noticed earlier was that it appears that the 2016 predictions thread has been deleted, and so has the 2015 announcements thread.  Not sure why these threads were deleted since I would think that they would be more important compared to some of the other threads on the forum.  Regardless, here's what I'll say regarding final thoughts on 2016, to carry on from the earlier discussion.  

I think because Oliver and Winston won't be coming out till next year, I would expect next years announcements to be kept to somewhat of a minimum compared to this year.  Although Daisy or Stepney would be nice, I think Paxton would make the most sense out of anyone else at this point since he'd be a lot more simple for Bachmann to pull off.  He also has a strong following with the older fanbase which will give him an extra push in sales.  He would also make sense to me because when Duck was delayed after he was announced, 'Arry and Bert were announced the year after since they were repaints of Diesel.  Paxton would follow this same pattern since Oliver will be released a year after he was announced.

I have no doubt that the narrow gauge range would do well in regards to next years announcements since Skarloey and the rolling stock will be out next month.  Rheneas seems to be the most obvious to me for the next engine at this point with the range just starting.  Some coaches would also be a nice addition, as I said before I'd expect them to use the Peco tooling.  Personally, I would like to see them invest in new tooling for Skarloey stock, but maybe we'll get luckier in future years as the Skarloey range progresses.  

I agree, actually. I thought there one or two threads missing. The moderators must have done it, but I can't think why.

I agree, that Rheneas is likely to be released in the Bachmann Thomas & Friends Narrow Gauge range for 2016.
DinoNTrains

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 18, 2015, 09:03:13 PM »

I think Paxton would make the most sense out of anyone else at this point since he'd be a lot more simple for Bachmann to pull off.

All I can say is that I agree. And I'm sure that if that is the case, Paxton would look great.

Bachmann never ceases to amaze me Smiley
Metal

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 18, 2015, 10:24:25 PM »

With the threads deleted, I feel that it's best to start over with everything. Best to wait for the thread with next year anticipation.

Anyway,
I'm gonna personally hold off Skarloey for a bit. Still waiting for Oliver and Toad.
For HO/OO, I think the range could really do for diesels, particularly big ones. Even though they're big, they're simple shapes, just blocks, literally. Daisy for the classic characters would be the best candidate, and Boco when he returns in CGI.
Paxton would be a decent one though, even though he's a repaint, he has been one of my favorite characters coming out of CGI. So I'm good with that. Smiley
AJW98Productions

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 18, 2015, 11:54:19 PM »

Aren't those the threads that were spammed by accounts listing about ten products and more for release at one time, as though they were official announcements? Correct me if I'm wrong of course.

~Alex
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 19, 2015, 01:28:56 AM »

Aren't those the threads that were spammed by accounts listing about ten products and more for release at one time, as though they were official announcements? Correct me if I'm wrong of course.

~Alex

I was referring to the 2015 announcement thread by InsideTrack where the 2015 announcements were made.  The 2016 thread I was referring to was the one we used before that another user (I think it was Trainfan?) created not long after that.  I don't recall the 2015 announcement thread getting spam, maybe 2016 thread but not to a point where it was worth deleting.  I'm just surprised those were deleted when there are plenty of other threads on the forum that are nowhere near as important or relevant as they were.  But its not a big deal, since we will get announcements for next year in three months.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 01:34:39 AM by Chaz » Logged
AJW98Productions

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 19, 2015, 02:41:37 AM »

Perhaps they also seemed unnecessary to have around, I guess it is kind of puzzling though...I mean I think we should have a cull of topics from about 4+ years ago, as deleting those wouldn't really change anything. The 2015 and 2016 threads being deleted does confuse me, but I was trying to rationalise it as best I could earlier, I know not for sure why they were deleted. Perhaps a moderator will tell us? Smiley

~Alex
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 19, 2015, 03:17:13 AM »

If they think it's necessary then probably, but if not, like I said it's not that big of a deal.  I'm just more confused that they did that more than anything else. 

Anyway, back to the main subject at hand, glad to see that Paxton wouldn't be bad based on what I'm seeing from responses on the forum as well as other users on the forum.  Paxton has also become one of my favorite characters in CGI too, there hasn't been a dull moment with him on the show since he became a more fleshed out as a character in Blue Mountain Mystery.  A very likeable character with minimum effort to make with great potential sales would be one hard for Bachmann to avoid.
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #188 on: November 19, 2015, 04:46:28 PM »

I think Paxton would make the most sense out of anyone else at this point since he'd be a lot more simple for Bachmann to pull off.

All I can say is that I agree. And I'm sure that if that is the case, Paxton would look great.

With the threads deleted, I feel that it's best to start over with everything. Best to wait for the thread with next year anticipation.

Anyway,
I'm gonna personally hold off Skarloey for a bit. Still waiting for Oliver and Toad.
For HO/OO, I think the range could really do for diesels, particularly big ones. Even though they're big, they're simple shapes, just blocks, literally. Daisy for the classic characters would be the best candidate, and Boco when he returns in CGI.
Paxton would be a decent one though, even though he's a repaint, he has been one of my favorite characters coming out of CGI. So I'm good with that. Smiley

If they think it's necessary then probably, but if not, like I said it's not that big of a deal.  I'm just more confused that they did that more than anything else.  

Anyway, back to the main subject at hand, glad to see that Paxton wouldn't be bad based on what I'm seeing from responses on the forum as well as other users on the forum.  Paxton has also become one of my favorite characters in CGI too, there hasn't been a dull moment with him on the show since he became a more fleshed out as a character in Blue Mountain Mystery.  A very likeable character with minimum effort to make with great potential sales would be one hard for Bachmann to avoid.

I can see that Bachmann should release Paxton, because he would be popular (This is not the first time Paxton has had big talk like this, to be released on this Forum for 2016), but before Bachmann start releasing newer CGI Engines, I would prefer more Classic Engines to be released. Stepney, Daisy, BoCo, etc would be huge his as well if Bachmann where to release them.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 19, 2015, 06:17:01 PM »

Can't argue with you there.  I would much rather see those three over Paxton myself since Stepney is one of my favorite characters who was talked about for some time and BoCo and Daisy would be great for giving the range some larger diesels.  I think Paxton has a better chance to them, but based on sales on Duck and the positive response to Oliver and Skarloey, I think those three characters would be a lot more popular than Paxton in terms of sales and popularity with the older fans. 
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #190 on: November 19, 2015, 06:26:51 PM »

Can't argue with you there.  I would much rather see those three over Paxton myself since Stepney is one of my favorite characters who was talked about for some time and BoCo and Daisy would be great for giving the range some larger diesels.  I think Paxton has a better chance to them, but based on sales on Duck and the positive response to Oliver and Skarloey, I think those three characters would be a lot more popular than Paxton in terms of sales and popularity with the older fans.  

I agree with you there too. Paxton would sell best to both younger and older fans; Where as Stepney, Daisy and BoCo would more likely have popularity with the older fans. I really think these three would be popular; Especially with the response Bachmann had to releasing Duck back in 2013, and the up-coming release of Oliver this year (2015), or in 2016.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 06:28:44 PM by Jacob Wilson » Logged
Metal

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 20, 2015, 02:18:11 AM »

I wouldn't say that the Classic characters are popular specifically with older fans. Even though I have nostalgia from them. Younger fans enjoy them as much as the older ones. Duck is one of my nephew's favorite characters. He's asking for a Bachmann Duck for Christmas Wink Heck, even in that Thomas Youtube Documentary, some kids said that Oliver and Toad were their favorites.  I've also read on the Thomas FB page about parents saying that Daisy was their child's favorite character.  Wink
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 04:53:44 AM by Nykrivas » Logged
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #192 on: November 20, 2015, 04:24:16 AM »

I wouldn't say that the Classic characters are popular specifically because of older fans. Even though I have nostalgia from them. Younger fans enjoy them as much as the older ones. Duck is one of my nephew's favorite characters. He's asking for a Bachmann Duck for Christmas Wink Heck, even in that Thomas Youtube Documentary, some kids said that Oliver and Toad were their favorites and were imitating them.  I've also read on the Thomas FB page about parents saying that Daisy was their child's favorite character.  Wink

I know that the younger fans would enjoy the Classic Engines as well as the CGI Engines, but an announcement of Dasiy and BoCo from Bachmann may not excite children today, as they may have seen Dasiy and BoCo, or even heard of them before or they have never seen the Original Classic Episodes before.
Metal

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 20, 2015, 04:33:28 AM »

Daisy's back in CGI.
Andrew Brenner, the current headwriter for the show, used to write magazine stories starring Daisy. So imagine what stories he and his team would have with her.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 04:38:33 AM by Nykrivas » Logged
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #194 on: November 20, 2015, 04:42:54 AM »

Daisy's back in CGI.
Andrew Brenner, the current headwriter for the show, used to write magazine stories starring Daisy. So imagine what stories he and his team would have with her.

Oh, yeah. I forgot that, but I have not seen any Episodes of Dasiy in CGI yet.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 81 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: