STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2019, 05:35:27 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  The Everything Thomas Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 81 Print
Author Topic: The Everything Thomas Thread  (Read 349372 times)
Titanic5972

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: November 20, 2015, 04:57:08 AM »

Daisy returned at the end of Sodor's Legend of the Lost Treasure, to run the new Branchline. She will feature more during season 19 onwards I'd say. They won't just bring her back for that one movie.
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #196 on: November 20, 2015, 07:08:06 AM »

Daisy returned at the end of Sodor's Legend of the Lost Treasure, to run the new Branchline. She will feature more during season 19 onwards I'd say. They won't just bring her back for that one movie.

I have not seen Thomas & Friends: Sodor's Legend of the Lost Treasure yet. It is nice to hear Daisy has returned though.
Titanic5972

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 21, 2015, 03:02:27 AM »

She will be seen in season 20, not 19 sorry.
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #198 on: November 21, 2015, 05:18:14 AM »

She will be seen in season 20, not 19 sorry.

That's OK. I hope Daisy will be in ever Series after that one then.
AJW98Productions

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 25, 2015, 07:53:44 AM »

I have a question for users on this board, this is Thomas related, if anyone thinks this is better put in its own topic, I will gladly create one for it, I just thought might stir some constructive and interesting discussion and was better off put here to spare clutter on the board, so without further ado:

Are there any particular characters members would've liked to have seen expanded more on during the show's run? What I mean by this is basically any engine that seemed like it had a lot of potential that was ultimately wasted.

For example: I think Neville, Molly, Hector and Rosie all could've had potential if they'd been given more roles, Molly and Rosie I kind of consider somewhat shameless attempts to appeal to a female demographic, as they only appeared a few times, but with their unique liveries and interesting basis, they would make for good models in HO/OO I think, I just think they weren't utilised correctly. Heck, Molly is a GER-style Claud Hamilton loco, which I believe does not exist in RTR in HO/OO, I know the D16/3 "super Clauds" do as of rather recently, but they are different in a few key areas to the original GER style Clauds, which were apparently very popular among railway enthusiasts, and same can be said for Rosie, granted SR USA dock tanks weren't as popular with enthusiasts, I believe there are 3 in preservation in England (?) correct me if I'm wrong there, and whilst there is a company that produces the American variant, the SR version was heavily modified from its original American counterpart, I'm sure Rosie and Molly would be popular in a kit-bash market for conversion, but to be released they would have needed to have more appearances and not been just one-offs. I believe the Q1 as a rather unique engine could've benefitted Neville as well, but alas he was under utilised in the show, being another one-off character. Same seems to be true of Hector, standing out very much from most Sodor trucks.

I know I am only looking at this from seemingly the perspective of a modeller, but if there is any character you think should've appeared in the show more and had a wasted potential, feel free to post and elaborate. I mainly think these engines were under used and didn't live up to their potential because of all their interesting basis' and paint schemes etc. I didn't exactly care for these engines much as characters, as they were merely one-offs who were hardly seen, but I feel their designs gave them potential, I mean the only real reason I can say I like Rosie is because I like her basis and the pink livery I find actually looks rather nice on it...I know, I'm a strange one...

Am I suggesting BACHMANN make these engines? No, certainly not. Does that mean if they reappeared and gained popularity and lived up to their potential I'd be against models of them? Certainly not. I just am disappointed they did not live up to their potential, and those 4 characters stood out to me.

As this is the Everything Thomas Thread, I thought this post would be quite suitable here, and I am, as ever, curious to the opinions of other members on the subject, those 4 are just the first that come to my mind, but I'd like to know what others think. So which characters do you think didn't live up to their potential in the TVS?

~Alex
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #200 on: November 25, 2015, 12:50:45 PM »

I have a question for users on this board, this is Thomas related, if anyone thinks this is better put in its own topic, I will gladly create one for it, I just thought might stir some constructive and interesting discussion and was better off put here to spare clutter on the board, so without further ado:

Are there any particular characters members would've liked to have seen expanded more on during the show's run? What I mean by this is basically any engine that seemed like it had a lot of potential that was ultimately wasted.

For example: I think Neville, Molly, Hector and Rosie all could've had potential if they'd been given more roles, Molly and Rosie I kind of consider somewhat shameless attempts to appeal to a female demographic, as they only appeared a few times, but with their unique liveries and interesting basis, they would make for good models in HO/OO I think, I just think they weren't utilised correctly. Heck, Molly is a GER-style Claud Hamilton loco, which I believe does not exist in RTR in HO/OO, I know the D16/3 "super Clauds" do as of rather recently, but they are different in a few key areas to the original GER style Clauds, which were apparently very popular among railway enthusiasts, and same can be said for Rosie, granted SR USA dock tanks weren't as popular with enthusiasts, I believe there are 3 in preservation in England (?) correct me if I'm wrong there, and whilst there is a company that produces the American variant, the SR version was heavily modified from its original American counterpart, I'm sure Rosie and Molly would be popular in a kit-bash market for conversion, but to be released they would have needed to have more appearances and not been just one-offs. I believe the Q1 as a rather unique engine could've benefitted Neville as well, but alas he was under utilised in the show, being another one-off character. Same seems to be true of Hector, standing out very much from most Sodor trucks.

I know I am only looking at this from seemingly the perspective of a modeller, but if there is any character you think should've appeared in the show more and had a wasted potential, feel free to post and elaborate. I mainly think these engines were under used and didn't live up to their potential because of all their interesting basis' and paint schemes etc. I didn't exactly care for these engines much as characters, as they were merely one-offs who were hardly seen, but I feel their designs gave them potential, I mean the only real reason I can say I like Rosie is because I like her basis and the pink livery I find actually looks rather nice on it...I know, I'm a strange one...

Am I suggesting BACHMANN make these engines? No, certainly not. Does that mean if they reappeared and gained popularity and lived up to their potential I'd be against models of them? Certainly not. I just am disappointed they did not live up to their potential, and those 4 characters stood out to me.

As this is the Everything Thomas Thread, I thought this post would be quite suitable here, and I am, as ever, curious to the opinions of other members on the subject, those 4 are just the first that come to my mind, but I'd like to know what others think. So which characters do you think didn't live up to their potential in the TVS?

~Alex

I think potential future releases of Bachmann Thomas & Friends Locomotives should have it's own topic, Alex.
thomasj219

Thomas Will Be Coming Down Our Track Forever!!

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 25, 2015, 08:00:02 PM »

This is the Everything Thomas thread. It's fine here.

All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Daisy, Harvey.
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #202 on: November 25, 2015, 08:02:36 PM »

This is the Everything Thomas thread. It's fine here.

I see what you mean, but this thread after time does get messy and long and it starts talking about several different subjects, so to other readers it gets confusing. It's a difficult thread to understand is this one, as time passes.
AJW98Productions

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 25, 2015, 08:50:41 PM »

I think potential future releases of Bachmann Thomas & Friends Locomotives should have it's own topic, Alex.
That wasn't exactly what I was going for, I was more so saying the fact that those engines had potential in the TVS that was ultimately wasted, which is a shame because it also means that any potential they had to become models was ruled out. But the idea was more along the lines of; which characters do members think didn't live up to their potential in the TVS, I just used those 4 as an example because models would be nice, but unless they reappear frequently and can gain large fan bases, I don't see them happening, which to me is a little bit of a shame.

~Alex
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #204 on: November 26, 2015, 01:22:05 AM »

That wasn't exactly what I was going for, I was more so saying the fact that those engines had potential in the TVS that was ultimately wasted, which is a shame because it also means that any potential they had to become models was ruled out. But the idea was more along the lines of; which characters do members think didn't live up to their potential in the TVS, I just used those 4 as an example because models would be nice, but unless they reappear frequently and can gain large fan bases, I don't see them happening, which to me is a little bit of a shame.

~Alex

OK, I must have read it too fast or something, I still agree it should have it's own thread though.
DinoNTrains

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 26, 2015, 05:55:28 PM »

Sorry for being off-topic, but for all American members on this board, Happy Thanksgiving!

Bachmann never ceases to amaze me Smiley
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #206 on: November 26, 2015, 06:46:28 PM »

Sorry for being off-topic, but for all American members on this board, Happy Thanksgiving!

This is the thread you need for posting a 'Happy Thanksgiving' message to other members: http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,31075.0.html/.

I am sorry if I sound rude, but I do not mean too. I am just trying to help members not be off topic in any of the threads. I am just giving you some friendly advice for you, DinoNTrains. Smiley
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 06:52:14 PM by Jacob Wilson » Logged
AJW98Productions

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 26, 2015, 06:59:31 PM »

It's a holiday close to the hearts of many members of this board, and many members in the Thomas board don't visit other boards very frequently, I'd say it's better to post "Happy Thanksgiving" here and then get straight back on topic as opposed to creating our own topic for it, I mean, the same usually happens around Christmas, Easter, etc except...we usually have more members going off topic to discuss it.

Speaking of Holidays though, does anyone intend on acquiring items from BACHMANN's Thomas range, or maybe other ranges this holiday season?

~Alex
Cheeky_ULP

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 26, 2015, 07:35:35 PM »

This is the thread you need for posting a 'Happy Thanksgiving' message to other members: http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,31075.0.html/.

I am sorry if I sound rude, but I do not mean too. I am just trying to help members not be off topic in any of the threads. I am just giving you some friendly advice for you, DinoNTrains. Smiley
I don't think it's really a big deal worth hounding people down over.
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #209 on: November 26, 2015, 07:38:00 PM »

I don't think it's really a big deal worth hounding people down over.

I am not hounding down anybody over.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 04:39:20 AM by Jacob Wilson » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 81 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: