STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 17, 2019, 10:08:23 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  The Everything Thomas Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 80 Print
Author Topic: The Everything Thomas Thread  (Read 340001 times)
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #270 on: December 28, 2015, 07:49:20 AM »

Yes, Skarloey does look great. What do you mean by MSRP and do you not have your own money too spend?
The question about not having enough money for a Skarloey model seems like it's best left to a personal message, as that is kind of a personal question. Also, just saying, it's quicker to open up a new tab (or window) on your browser and look up what MSRP means than asking in this topic and then having to wait for a response. Thankfully I can tell you that MSRP = Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price.
Do you what know the postage cost would be at Hobbylinc though to buy one and ship it to the UK, where I live?
Again, it would be quicker to just open up the site in your browser in a new tab or browser, add Skarloey to your "basket", set your location to "UK" on the preorder screen, and then see what appears down the bottom, don't put any address or card details in, and from there it should tell you down at the bottom of the page how much shipping will cost, alternatively the website should have a "contact us" section on it somewhere, almost all professionally run websites do. Contact the Email address or phone number that should be provided to find out how much shipping to the UK is, it's a lot quicker than asking on here, as members here will probably respond slower than the professionally run website itself.

On a different note, does anyone intend to make the slight bulge on Skarloey's funnel a brass colour? Like it was seen in season 4? If I get a model, I've considered using some masking tape to colour that small part of the funnel brass, but I probably won't in the end, even if it would be nice. For those of you who don't know that the funnel changed. Below are two images to show what I mean, the CGI model and the season 4 model.
Season 4:

CGI series:

~Alex

OK, sorry Alex. I am sorry for upsetting you.

Ah, I would call it Recommened Retail Price, but Suggested Manufactures Retail Price means the same thing.

I don't want to accidently place an order though by adding it to the basket, especially if the postage would be too much.
AJW98Productions

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 28, 2015, 08:48:43 AM »

Jacob, you did not upset me, I'm just trying to be helpful. Also, as even administrators on this board have mentioned from time to time, please do not quote posts with images in them, as they clog up threads. That's not me trying to be harsh either, that is just administartor's advice to members, also, if you do want to quote a large post, remove the non-relevant information to your reply first, for example, the part of my post from earlier where I asked members about their thoughts on what they could do with Skarloey's funnel, is non-relevant to your response, and can be removed from the quote. Again, this is not hostile, just advice.

Anyway, my question from before about Skarloey's funnel still stands to members who intend on getting him, or already have him.

~Alex
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #272 on: December 28, 2015, 09:32:35 AM »

^ @Alex: OK, sorry to you and everybody else. I am just trying to be friendly by discussing things with other Members, not trying to clog up the Forum.
AJW98Productions

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 28, 2015, 09:37:05 AM »

^ @Alex: OK, sorry to you and everybody else. I am just trying to be friendly by discussing things with other Members, not trying to clog up the Forum.
It's ok, I'm just trying to be helpful and polite as well.

Anyway, my question from before, does anyone have intentions on giving Skarloey a more Season 4-esque funnel, or would members rather leave it in its more CGI-esque style?

~Alex
TheJJ

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 28, 2015, 11:57:12 AM »

Anyway, my question from before, does anyone have intentions on giving Skarloey a more Season 4-esque funnel, or would members rather leave it in its more CGI-esque style?

~Alex
I would want to give it the gold on the funnel, but I know as simple as it might be, I'd mess up, so I probably wouldn't. Lol
AJW98Productions

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 28, 2015, 12:03:33 PM »

I would want to give it the gold on the funnel, but I know as simple as it might be, I'd mess up, so I probably wouldn't. Lol
Knowing me, I could mess it up badly, so I may look into seeing if I know anyone who could aid me with it. As I'd really like to have the gold part of the funnel from season 4.

I don't want to accidently place an order though by adding it to the basket, especially if the postage would be too much.
I totally forgot to respond to this earlier, my apologies, you won't order it by adding it to your order, it needs to know your address and you need to input card details first, as long as all you do is input your country as the UK, it should tell you how much the postage is.

~Alex
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #276 on: December 28, 2015, 12:12:59 PM »

Knowing me, I could mess it up badly, so I may look into seeing if I know anyone who could aid me with it. As I'd really like to have the gold part of the funnel from season 4.

I totally forgot to respond to this earlier, my apologies, you won't order it by adding it to your order, it needs to know your address and you need to input card details first, as long as all you do is input your country as the UK, it should tell you how much the postage is.

~Alex
OK, I will try too Alex. I will update this post and tell what happens.

UPDATE: I added Skarloey to basket and I ticked the option of International (Outside of USA) for the Estimated Shipping Costs, abd it came up with $2.95, which cannot be right. Most eBay sellers list Bachamnn products at around $30.00 for postage to the UK. $2.95 cannot be right.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 12:22:38 PM by Jacob Wilson » Logged
Cheeky_ULP

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 28, 2015, 01:31:26 PM »

I would send them an email, to be honest. You'll get much quicker answers asking them directly than trying to figure it out from us.
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #278 on: December 28, 2015, 01:49:02 PM »

I would send them an email, to be honest. You'll get much quicker answers asking them directly than trying to figure it out from us.

OK, I will. Thanks for your help.
UPTODAY

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 28, 2015, 06:48:04 PM »

Hi everyone,My upcoming Thomas layout is a four ft. x nine ft. table with a branch line ten ft. long behind the back isle .I was planning on putting Tidmouth sheds inside
the main line oval,but it looks like the sheds and turntable will overwhelm the layout.
Any advise would be welcome!!!!
UPTODAY

UPTODAY
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #280 on: December 28, 2015, 07:15:01 PM »

Hi everyone,My upcoming Thomas layout is a four ft. x nine ft. table with a branch line ten ft. long behind the back isle .I was planning on putting Tidmouth sheds inside
the main line oval,but it looks like the sheds and turntable will overwhelm the layout.
Any advise would be welcome!!!!
UPTODAY

Please can you post pictures of your layout please?
UPTODAY

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 28, 2015, 08:19:28 PM »

Jacob I have never posted pictures,I am two dumb to figure it out!!!

UPTODAY
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #282 on: December 28, 2015, 09:00:07 PM »

Jacob I have never posted pictures,I am two dumb to figure it out!!!

Oh, oh dear! That made me laugh. You are not dumb, you just need to be shown.
UPTODAY

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 28, 2015, 10:23:23 PM »

Jacob,If you go to the lumber yard and look at a sheet of plywood on top of two sawhorses,thats what my layout looks like!!!!
UPTODAY

UPTODAY
Jacob Wilson
« Reply #284 on: December 29, 2015, 05:30:05 AM »

Jacob,If you go to the lumber yard and look at a sheet of plywood on top of two sawhorses,thats what my layout looks like!!!!
UPTODAY

Have I go onto Google and type in lumber yard, or is this a joke UPTODAY?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 80 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: